Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Would people be shocked at your thoughts?

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 115 ✭✭club goldgrain

i don't think you are unique to those thoughts, we all are not as cheerfull as people see us:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,962 ✭✭✭✭bnt

I don't get shocked by my own thoughts so much, any more, because I'm getting better at figuring out what's behind them. Some of them would shock others if they came out without that underlying context. I could be accused of bigotry, for example, if I express an opinion about people that's actually based on real experience.

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

• Registered Users Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭Naid23

I shock myself sometimes with my own thoughts- usually followed by 'where the fxck did that just come from?'.

Maybe its best for everyone involved to stay outta my head ha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,473 ✭✭✭Wacker The Attacker

My thoughts include every conceivable form of political incorrectness that exists. They are real and are exactly how I feel.

My real concern is the unwillingness of other people to hear them without throwing a fake liberal bitch fit.

The sexual stuff is probably a little weird but I'm sure a lot of people have way more f**ked up sexual thoughts than I do. In fact I'd go a far as to say that my sexual thoughts and preferences are relatively normal.

Wouldn't life be far more entertaining and interesting if we expressed what we really thought?

Advertisement