Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Would people be shocked at your thoughts?

Options
  • 07-07-2013 9:20am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 147 ✭✭

Do you think the people who know you would be shocked at the thoughts which run through your head?

In my case, that's a yes. Have some very strange thoughts indeed not to mention the sexual ones.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 909 ✭✭✭camel jockey

Not really, people who know me know what I'm thinking. E.g. if I think someone is an asshole, people will know based on my tone, facial expression and what I say.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,822 ✭✭✭sunflower27

Most definitely, yes. :)

OP, you aren't weird, it's normal.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 909 ✭✭✭camel jockey

This thread is a great example of where the (perverted) OP should have kept his thoughts to himself.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056987761

• Closed Accounts Posts: 701 ✭✭✭Paco Rodriguez

Alot of peoole have read 50 Shades anyway....they wouldnt be shocked.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,410 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

Do you think the people who know you would be shocked at the thoughts which run through your head?

In my case, that's a yes. Have some very strange thoughts indeed not to mention the sexual ones.

Such as?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,562 ✭✭✭✭Sunnyisland

Thank God my thoughts and thinkings for the most part are in my head...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,933 ✭✭✭holystungun9

Tried being honest with a girl I like recently. Have learned that it's better to process my thoughts a little more before uttering them.
    In an attempt to let her know that I like her, I told her she interested me on many levels..."You are the perfect girl, I can see us chatting on the couch while I give you a foot massage and I can also see my chaining you to my radiator and fcking the sh1t out of you."

Better to stick with some hollywood version like 'you complete me' or 'You had me at hello' or some other such unreal sh1t. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭Crooked Jack

Yeah but you can think stuff youd never actually do. like, when i see a parent walking down the road with a wee toddler walkin beside them or on one of those leashes i always think "how would they react if i ran up and took a 45 with their pride and joy." or i wonder would the kid lift off the ground. or in things like really formal interviews and other situations i always wonder what would happen if i just, i dunno, pissed myself or calmly took a dump in the corner. its all in my head though. id never do it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,301 ✭✭✭Daveysil15

I would say so yes. A lot of my thoughts are politically incorrect to say the least.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 henrystolan

Better to stick with some hollywood version like 'you complete me' or 'You had me at hello' or some other such unreal sh1t. :(

"you had me at howya" doesn't quite has the same ring to it.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. G

On boards? Yes

Actually everywhere probably, which is why they're in my head :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,388 ✭✭✭KingOfFairview

Some of them, but I assume everyone has some mad thoughts. Mad scenarios are my stock in trade

• Registered Users Posts: 6,124 ✭✭✭wolfpawnat

If people knew the shít in my head I would be locked up, and I have no shame in declaring that much. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Lyssa

Yes. The person I present to the world is a lot different to the person I really am... My thoughts would definitely shock most people that think they know me...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,314 ✭✭✭caustic 1

Yes

My inside voice stays where it's supposed to. It's better for everyone that way.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 147 ✭✭Speisekarte

Yeah but you can think stuff youd never actually do. like, when i see a parent walking down the road with a wee toddler walkin beside them or on one of those leashes i always think "how would they react if i ran up and took a 45 with their pride and joy." or i wonder would the kid lift off the ground. or in things like really formal interviews and other situations i always wonder what would happen if i just, i dunno, pissed myself or calmly took a dump in the corner. its all in my head though. id never do it.

I often think what would happen if I spat in my boss' face or my friend's face as we talk.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,148 ✭✭✭PizzamanIRL

Seeing a good looking friend, my thoughts: 'Mmm look at the arse on that I'd ride the ****e out of her!'

My words: 'Howya hows it going?'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

Yeah they'd know the true extent of my perversions. And figure out how much of an asshole I am. Or they'd try put me in a mental hospital.

My thoughts are often at odds with the measured exterior I try to present, sometimes wildly.

I think most peoples are, and I think it's normal.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,076 ✭✭✭✭Czarcasm

My inside voice stays where it's supposed to. It's better for everyone that way.

That's a skill I have yet to master, but most people don't seem to mind. They just pretend I didn't just say that. It works for both parties involved :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,238 ✭✭✭humbert

Aren't the thoughts that stay in your head exactly the ones you've deemed unsuitable for general consumption?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,480 ✭✭✭wexie

Fortunately I've a filter between my brain and my mouth***. It's a dark and twisted place at times and best if some of those thoughts just stay in there on their own.

Having said that, sometimes I think life would be a lot easier and less stressful if you were one of these people that just didn't give a **** and said what you thought, all the time.

Dr. Cox's wife from Scrubs comes to mind. At times I've wished I was more like her. (mentally, not physically, if I was more like her physically I'd never leave the house and would spend lots of time squatted over the mirror***).

*** Sometimes the filter malfunctions :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,480 ✭✭✭wexie

wexie wrote: »

Dr. Cox's wife from Scrubs comes to mind. At times I've wished I was more like her. (mentally, not physically, if I was more like her physically I'd never leave the house and would spend lots of time squatted over the mirror***).

Jac Naylor is another one that comes to mind, same thing (in both cases)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭Reindeer

Shocked - yes. Surprised? No.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,733 ✭✭✭Duckworth_Luas

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,822 ✭✭✭sunflower27

I remember being in a packed lift once and thinking what would happen if I just started screaming for the sake of it. Weird, very. And that is a tame thought :D

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭miss flutter ups

I think people I know would be shocked by my internal evaluation of them. I think in our heads we have everyone we know tucked into a box. We sort of sum them up in our minds.

I also fake empathy and sometimes even express sympathy whereas I'm not that moved by it. This actually makes me feel very ashamed, if someone did d same to me I'd b quite upset :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,518 ✭✭✭stefan idiot jones

I'm not sure about being shocked by my thoughts but a few years back in my drinking days I vividly recall a mental dream I had.

Please take into account that I was gulping down loads of White Lightning at the time.

Anyway, I was back in Swansea just leaving the bus station looking to buy bass guitar strings. It was dark at the time but all the street lights were on. I headed towards the music shop (which isn't even near the bus station) and as I got close to it I realised that I had an orangutan hanging from my neck.
    His long arms were around my neck and he/she was hanging underneath me sucking my cock.

I gave up drinking not long after this.

p.s. I didn't buy the strings after all.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,628 ✭✭✭Femme_Fatale

No, tbh. Genuinely. Not saying my thoughts are pure as the driven snow or anything, but extremely dark, sinister thoughts - can't say I have them.

Advertisement