Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric drums thru bass amp?

Options
  • 02-10-2006 6:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭

150w combo i use for gigging.

really dont need to bust it.

good idea?

bad idea?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,684 ✭✭✭david

It will work, but i've heard of Vdrums blowing bass amp tweeters. I wouldnt gig with it but it would be ok for practice. Just dont expect sizzling high end on youre cymbals

• Registered Users Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭The Free Man

yeah the cymbals and hats wont sound too good thru it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭judas101

ok cool.

would you use your bass amp if you needed for giging with?
    (thats giging with a bass by the by)

I dont understand that post??? As in use the amp for vdrums gigging? No i certainly wouldnt, it would sound like muck, why not run into the PA?

yeah it was unclear.:D

i'm a bass player but recently bought a set of electric drums for tinkering on.

i know i could play em thru my bass amp but dont want to risk damaging my amp which i cant affort to replace.

sorry about my poor engrish

• Advertisement

Lol just badly phrased! dont crank the bass amp and youll be fine, what amp is it out of interest?

<blush> warwick sweet 15 </blush>

i know is not exactly premium model its just i could do without blowing it.

fine for gigging may i add!:D

Nah you'd want a fair few more watts for decent sound reproduction, save the amp and play through 'phones.

dang

• Registered Users Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Eoin Madsen

Keep the input volume under peak and there's no chance of blowing anything. If there's a peak indicator, that's a lot easier. :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭Maccattack

I saw a guide to building yr own speaker set up for edrums a while ago. can dig it up ifn yawant.

but if you want to go and buy something and dont want to by the roland one, it is generally recomended you use a keyboard amp. better able to handle the highs and lows together.

Advertisement