Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Would people be shocked at your thoughts?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭Pug160

Alot of peoole have read 50 Shades anyway....they wouldnt be shocked.

Isn't that supposed to be quite mild?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,388 ✭✭✭KingOfFairview

"Calling it as it is" = code for being a c*nt.

100% agreed. People noted for their 'plain speaking', 'calling it like it is' or 'giving it straight' include Richard Littlejohn, Jan Moir, Rush Limbaugh, Kevin Myers etc. Draw your own conclusion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭Fox_In_Socks

Well, from reading this thread, they wouldn't be surprised as they are also thinking of joining a fetish/swinger club where everyone dresses as clowns.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭TeddyTedson

Of course. You never know what someone is thinking. Unfortunately men in particular here tend to bottle things up far too much.
    People often tell me they wish they could be like me in that I seem chilled out all the time, which would actually be the case if I didn't drink ect. :-/
    I think your mind can become damaged over time. I've gone through periods when the only way I was able to sleep was if I was imaging my own death. That's more than a little weird and thankfully thst seems to have resolved itself for now :)
    There's a lot to be said for getting sufficient rest.
    Also sometimes things need to be put in perspective. Every problem can be resolved over time. Wow, I'm deep :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 115 ✭✭club goldgrain

100% yes,:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,076 ✭✭✭✭Czarcasm

yoloc wrote: »
    Yada...
    Yada...
    Yada...

I can think of a couple of reasons why people couldn't be ársed listening to you tbh, you'd bore the tits off me with that tired, worn out old rhetoric anyway. Has nobody ever told you you're not as original or a leader as you think you are? They probably couldn't be bothered.

But here's a simple truth you may want to try -

It's not WHAT you say, it's HOW you say it.

Czarcasm wrote: »
    I can think of a couple of reasons why people couldn't be ársed listening to you tbh, you'd bore the tits off me with that tired, worn out old rhetoric anyway. Has nobody ever told you you're not as original or a leader as you think you are? They probably couldn't be bothered.

But here's a simple truth you may want to try -

It's not WHAT you say, it's HOW you say it.

i had go back and read the threads and the guy is a moran,sorry i read it now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,687 ✭✭✭blacklilly

I am helping them though, im telling them facts that others dont have the balls to do. One thing i always here out of fat people who lost all their weight. They all say to their friends/family, why didnt you tell me ho wbad i looked. Well, im that man, i tell people how it is, if they dont like it, tuff sh1te!

You really don't like fat people do you?
    Why do you have to say anything, you do know it's sometimes better to say nothing at all. You sound like an opinionated f*ckwhit and I can assure you that the vast majority of people would not appreciate your so called "sraight talking honesty"

i have dark sexual thoughts and if i was to be straight and honest with some people of what i was thinking probably at the very moment, just like you think you should be so honest about fat people, i'm sure i'd get a slap.
    (maybe not from everyone but some);)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

I don't think that my thoughts are shocking, but people would probably be surprised that I'm nowhere near as cheerful as I appear to be.

i don't think you are unique to those thoughts, we all are not as cheerfull as people see us:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,031 ✭✭✭✭bnt

I don't get shocked by my own thoughts so much, any more, because I'm getting better at figuring out what's behind them. Some of them would shock others if they came out without that underlying context. I could be accused of bigotry, for example, if I express an opinion about people that's actually based on real experience.

Death has this much to be said for it:
    You don’t have to get out of bed for it.
    Wherever you happen to be
    They bring it to you—free.

— Kingsley Amis

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭Naid23

I shock myself sometimes with my own thoughts- usually followed by 'where the fxck did that just come from?'.

Maybe its best for everyone involved to stay outta my head ha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,473 ✭✭✭Wacker The Attacker

My thoughts include every conceivable form of political incorrectness that exists. They are real and are exactly how I feel.

My real concern is the unwillingness of other people to hear them without throwing a fake liberal bitch fit.

The sexual stuff is probably a little weird but I'm sure a lot of people have way more f**ked up sexual thoughts than I do. In fact I'd go a far as to say that my sexual thoughts and preferences are relatively normal.

Wouldn't life be far more entertaining and interesting if we expressed what we really thought?

Advertisement