Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Alleged Assault on my Sick Father by Nurse, Advice required.

Options
  • 08-07-2013 1:30pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 237 ✭✭

Apologies in advance for the long winded story, and spelling mistakes, im in work and hurrying through this.

Im just looking for some advice please.

My father is a patient at a specific hospital in Dublin. In unfortunately suffers from Louis Bodies Dementia and is under constant care.

Our problem is with the hospital staff. Firstly, the failed to detect my dad had a broken hip for almost 2 months which left him in agonising pain and he then required a half hip replacement. He still cannot walk. The break unfortunately we cannot tell if it happened at the hospital or before he was admitted.

But the main problem. About 7 weeks ago the family where informed that there was a compliant made by one Nurse against another nurse, in writing, that she witness the nurse physically assault my father. We were told to keep it quiet that the hospital where doing there investigations and would let us know. 7 weeks later nothing. Over the weekend we found out that the nurse in question is still working in the hospital , not with my father though, and the nurse that made the complaint was also transferred to a different ward ( no idea why)

We of course aren’t happy that a nurse that “allegedly” assaulted my father is still working there. We spoke to the head of patient care for an update and he basically told us that it was none of our business if the nurse was still working there as she has no access to my father, and we will get a response to the investigation when they are ready.

I want to go legal, and I also want criminal charges brought against this nurse. Do you guys think its best to let the hospital continue this investigation or do we get the guards involved. If you seen my father, he is a tiny man, he cannot communicate properly, he is about 2/3rds his normal weight since the hip operation and to have someone assault him makes me sick. The hospital even tried blaming my father, as he was aggravated when the nurse in question tried to move him and that’s why she hit him. The hospitals attiude has been a disgrace, and the fact the y told us to keep quiet shocks me more

what do you think we should do.
    ( also just as an example of the hospitals attitude, we asked for a meeting at 5.30 one evening, so we could all be there together and the head of patient care wouldn’t accommodate and actually told me on the phone that he has his own life and wasn’t staying late. )

Do i contact guards or do i contact a solicitor or both, or do i leave it?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement