Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Roswell incident

• 08-07-2013 7:18am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 790 ✭✭✭

It's the 66th anniversary of the reporting of the Roswell incident, and google with their famous doodle are celebrating it
    https://www.google.co.uk/webhp?hl=en&tab=ww (I don't know if that is working where you are from, lol)

Has anyone been "abducted" by aliens? Or do you know of any?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,299 ✭✭✭✭MadsL

Pat Kenny is an alien, I'm convinced of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 790 ✭✭✭nucker

:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

Roswell wasnt aliens. It was nazi hardware converted by the soviets.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,170 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

DrumSteve wrote: »
    Roswell wasnt aliens. It was nazi hardware converted by the soviets.
    in New Mexico?

It makes for a great story, but I find it very hard to believe that any aliens that could make their way across such vast interstellar distances only to have a fanbelt let go and crash when they arrive.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,043 ✭✭✭martinedwards

well documented that the massive increase in weird lights in the sky sightings coincided with testing of new military technology and it did the Government no harm at all to encourage to loonies.

if some ET had travelled that far, I reckon they be saying hello to as many folks as possible rather than looking out inbred nuts living with their sister in a double wide trailer in a swamp

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

Wibbs wrote: »
    in New Mexico?

It makes for a great story, but I find it very hard to believe that any aliens that could make their way across such vast interstellar distances only to have a fanbelt let go and crash when they arrive.

Aye.

Apparently Stalin had noticed the effect the war of the worlds broadcast had on the general population and wanted to recreate that.

For the aliens, well he got Josef Mengele to do some rather horrific procedures to some poor orphan children to inflate their heads.

The craft itself was pretty much the beginning of stealth tech for the US army. No wonder the locals thought it was aliens.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,454 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

My ma says the aliens done made her pregnant with Anabell May.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭FatherLen

The roswell incident was explained very well by a really good documentary on it.

It went into detail of where the spaceship came from, why it was here and even went into detail about the supposed alien they caught.

I think it was called futurama.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,750 ✭✭✭iDave

Bit of a masterstroke by the US government. Having everyone think it was aliens when they were testing cutting edge technology to spy on the rest of the world.
    Surprised they havent called snowden an alien yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭Crooked Jack

Roswell aside, there probably are aliens, or some sort out there. I mean, when you think about how infinitely huge the universe is, there has to be another planet somewhere that was just the right distance from a star.
    Didn't they find fossilised bacteria on Mars? That's technically an alien life form.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,012 ✭✭✭Plazaman

I remember after getting pissed one night I was abducted by aliens, anally probed and then left in the middle of a field. Even weirder that they were dressed as drag queens.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,002 ✭✭✭Seedy Arling

They got a ranch they call
    Number fifty-one
    They got a ranch they call
    Number fifty-one
    Can't see it all
    'Less your flying by
    Just sitting there square
    Baking in the sun
    Beneath the sky
    They're gonna put it down
    Right on the strip
    On the Vegas strip
    And step outside
    Into the lights
    Right outta that ship
    Saying Hi!
    I was driving doing nothing on the shores of Great Salt Lake
    When they put it on the air I put it in the hammer lane
    I soon forgot myself and I forgot about the brake
    I forgot all laws and I forgot about the rain
    They were talking on the 9 and all across the amy band
    Across the road they were turning around and headed south with me
    It got so crowded on the road I started driving in the sand
    My head was feeling scared but my heart was feeling free
    The desert turned to mud it seems that everybody heard
    Everybody was remembering to forget they had the chills
    Then I heard the voices on a broadcast from up on the bird
    They were getting interviewed by some Goodman whose name was Bill
    I'm almost there to Vegas where they're puttin' on a show
    They've come so far I've lived this long at least I must just go and say
    Hello

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,073 ✭✭✭gobnaitolunacy

Lads, it was a fcuking weather balloon, case closed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Thread needs poll

Believe or not.

I don't.

True, a bit too late, wonder if the mods can put up a poll

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,733 ✭✭✭Duckworth_Luas

Lads, it was a fcuking weather balloon, case closed.
    What were the aliens doing in a weather balloon?

What were the aliens doing in a weather balloon?
    :pac: Thought it was one of those dolls perhaps

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭FloatingVoter

The wee green fellas opened their duty-free on board and had a little too much to drink. They were on their way to the Gathering and got the whole space time rubbish mixed up.
    Left to explain why our first contact with ET consisted of an angry alien singing Wolfe Tones songs badly, the US government chose to go with the weather balloon theory.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,109 ✭✭✭RikkFlair

Forget Roswell, Boyle in Roscommon is the real mystery, anyone from there wanna come on and tell your story?

It's okay, we're all friends here. WE BELIEVE!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭Guill

Maybe we are the ALIENS?? Ever thought of that?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

RikkFlair wrote: »
    Forget Roswell, Boyle in Roscommon is the real mystery, anyone from there wanna come on and tell your story?

I stopped reading at Roscommon:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

Thread needs poll

Believe or not.

I don't.

I want to believe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,022 ✭✭✭✭aloyisious

Plazaman wrote: »
    I remember after getting pissed one night I was abducted by aliens, anally probed and then left in the middle of a field. Even weirder that they were dressed as drag queens.

So sad, they could'a been drag kings and really made your day :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

RikkFlair wrote: »

Over coffee and whiskey last night, author and lighthouse visitor Peter Costello wryly pointed out to me that it may have been Mr. Ray Burke trying to sell passports to the 'aliens'. For those of you who are unaware, Mr. Burke was Irish Minister for Foreign affairs until Tuesday 7th October, when he resigned amid allegations of his having sold passports to wealthy Saudi Arabian bankers in return for $20 million pounds of industrial investment. Incidentally, Mr. Burke was not in government when the Boyle incident took place.

:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

Thread needs poll

Believe or not.

I don't.

I believe I can fly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,850 ✭✭✭FouxDaFaFa

Wibbs wrote: »
    I find it very hard to believe that any aliens that could make their way across such vast interstellar distances only to have a fanbelt let go and crash when they arrive.
    You've got to stick the landing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭Nemeses

Any been to Area 51 recently, I did - It was an abandoned warehouse with some bits of metal inside...

Advertisement