Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IndyCar 2014

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,367 ✭✭✭acquiescefc

New update from @IndyCar: Race 1, 75 laps, based on Sat qual order, start at 10:30am. Race 2, 4:15 start, 75 laps, start otder=Entrant pts

• Registered Users Posts: 4,500 ✭✭✭TheChrisD

Race 1 is (finally) green!

And we barely get through half a lap and it's red flagged again!

It's like being in a time-warp to the Champcar days, textbook Bourdais.

Still don't understand why the second race is shortened. I mean, they barely moved the second race relative to the original schedule, dunno why they need to lop 20 laps off of the distance.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,619 ✭✭✭Infoanon

TheChrisD wrote: »
    Still don't understand why the second race is shortened. I mean, they barely moved the second race relative to the original schedule, dunno why they need to lop 20 laps off of the distance.

Drivers committee decision apparently

• Advertisement

Infoanon wrote: »
    Drivers committee decision apparently

Committee of three though, which is the main problem. They never consulted the other 20 drivers.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,027 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

nice to see some proper wet running for indycar

Not a great weekend for Indycar - too many yellows today, hopefully back to some real racing at Mid Ohio in 2 weeks time,ridiculous to think only 4 rounds left of the 2014 season.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,367 ✭✭✭acquiescefc

Not sure if youve seen this. Iowa with no commentary.. Sounds awesome.

Penultimate round tonight from Sonoma - Will Power on pole but Helio not far behind.

No damage following this mornings earthquake.

9.30pm on ESPN

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,619 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

Is Sonoma the same road track Nascar runs on?

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭Grim.

astrofluff wrote: »
    Is Sonoma the same road track Nascar runs on?

different layout

Mikhail Aleshin is listed in a stable condition with multiple injuries following a high speed crash during final practice for the Fontana 500.

Mikhails car was T-boned by Charlie Kimballs car when Mikhail spun. Charlie was uninjured.

Tonight's Fontana 500 is the last race of the Indycar season, its a double pointer with current points leader Will Power starting on the back row and second placed Helio Castro Neves starting from pole.Simone Pagenaud, Mikhail Aleshin s team mate could also win the championship.

Will Power has been runner up twice and if double points were not available he would effectively be champion.

Just over an hour to the green flag at Fontana.

I'm annoyed that I finished off my stash of Lucozade before tonight :(

I'm annoyed I've started drinking my mam's Bacardi now. :P Gonna be a late one, it'll be nice to watch the sun set there and the sun rise here though. :pac:

3.30 for green flag then?

Missed the first 20 laps, the last 4 have still been good.

Great race so far. Power deserves the win with that kind of driving.

Let's see, Lap 95 I gave up the ghost of trying to watch at the desk, so went to bed and was watching on mobile. Dunno when I nodded off, but I was awake for Carpenter's drive-through, asleep for the yellow, awake again when Helio got his drive-through; and then... well I guess I must have passed out until the podium celebration :o

Will Power finally champion,4th time lucky !, a deserved winner and definitely the driver of the season.

Tony Kanann winning the finale was the icing on the cake.

The disappointment - its 6 months until the next race - this is what happens when you listen to consultants !

The only action of winter shall be movement in the driver market , hopefully Hinch can get the sponsorship to stay at Andretti.

• Advertisement
Advertisement