Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Road rage

Options
  • 14-03-2014 4:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 47

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,720 ✭✭✭Sir Arthur Daley

Thanks and now the weather.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭nordydan

Yeah!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,996 ✭✭✭xabi

Here we go again

• Registered Users Posts: 660 ✭✭✭Moomat

Jeez, the suspense, can't wait for tomorrows lesson. I feel enlightened now.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,855 ✭✭✭Chris_5339762

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 nexplosion

Ok I understand now the point of the fast lane. Now the lane that's on the left, you know the one that's marked with a yellow line. Is that the lane we must use when the traffic is not flowing? Why did people get so upset with me when I had a blowout and just decided to park my car in that lane? I mean, I could have just stopped in the middle lane and changed my tyre.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 chops27

Dont give up ur day jobs

• Registered Users Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭have2flushtwice

If there is a string of cars doing 115 km/hr in the left lane, and I want to pass, I can only go up to 120 km/hr in the overtaking lane.

ITs not my problem if some knob arrives behind me in a hurry with his lights on full and trying to intimidate me and has to wait 30 seconds until I get to the front of the traffic in the left lane. And I'm not gong to wedge in there either, causing everyone I have passed so far will have to brake to make room for the knob.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,272 ✭✭✭Deedsie

If there is a string of cars doing 115 km/hr in the left lane, and I want to pass, I can only go up to 120 km/hr in the overtaking lane.

ITs not my problem if some knob arrives behind me in a hurry with his lights on full and trying to intimidate me and has to wait 30 seconds until I get to the front of the traffic in the left lane. And I'm not gong to wedge in there either, causing everyone I have passed so far will have to brake to make room for the knob.

The op said clearly... "If you are not passing a car move over"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭have2flushtwice

Deedsie wrote: »
    The op said clearly... "If you are not passing a car move over"

I was passing, but not as fast as the knob behind me wanted to go.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,272 ✭✭✭Deedsie

I was passing, but not as fast as the knob behind me wanted to go.

I think you would have unanimous support on not hurrying up or dangerously rejoining the left lane to appease some knob head. My point was the op wasn't complaining about people overtaking in the right lane. His issue was with people who just sit in the right lane even when there is no traffic near them blocking people behind them. Knobheads

• Registered Users Posts: 28,858 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

The ones who REALLY get me are the ones who eventually (usually with a bit of prompting ;)) move over, let you pass, and then straight back into the right-hand lane again.

:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭JC01

The world wouldn't exactly stop if ya went to say 125k though would it?

I agree you don't have to tear up to crazy speed just to appease the clown behind you but maybe if you noticed this clown coming flying up behind you before you move out for the overtake you could wait until he's passed to perform your own manuveour? Saves everyone the hassle for want of a better way to put it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,727 ✭✭✭✭Godge

JC01 wrote: »
    The world wouldn't exactly stop if ya went to say 125k though would it?

I agree you don't have to tear up to crazy speed just to appease the clown behind you but maybe if you noticed this clown coming flying up behind you before you move out for the overtake you could wait until he's passed to perform your own manuveour? Saves everyone the hassle for want of a better way to put it.

The clown is the one speeding.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭antoobrien

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    The ones who REALLY get me are the ones who eventually (usually with a bit of prompting ;)) move over, let you pass, and then straight back into the right-hand lane again.

:mad:

Or the ones that stay in the right lane (despite a clear left lane) until a set of traffic lights, then move into the left lane.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭Topper Harley

antoobrien wrote: »
    Or the ones that stay in the right lane (despite a clear left lane) until a set of traffic lights, then move into the left lane.

Then there are those who've been in the overtaking lane without reason for so long and then suddenly move left and you just know that they're taking the next exit. That's the only reason not to drive in the overtaking lane for them and even at that, they usually leave it quite late to make the maneuver.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,858 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Then there are those who've been in the overtaking lane without reason for so long and then suddenly move left and you just know that they're taking the next exit. That's the only reason not to drive in the overtaking lane for them and even at that, they usually leave it quite late to make the maneuver.

Hah, I've literally just been behind one of these!

Tipped out the stillorgan dual carriageway nice and handy in his porsche, everyone eventually undertaking him, nearly caused a tip with a foreign reg car (presumably lhd) who actually HAD waited until his turn to move into the right hand lane. Then swung right across both lanes to turn left towards seapoint/dl.

Then, took off like the clappers down seapoint avenue, overtaking all around him (in fairness it is a broken white line although there's always plenty of cyclists and pedestrians and it's windy), before pitching up at exactly the same red light as all the cars he'd overtaken.

Feckin eejit.

Advertisement