Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone going to a Grand Prix this year?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Zcott

Put them up on imgur and send the links. We're all jealous!

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭jamok

Havent had a chance to get all the pictures off me missus yet but here is a video from Thursday practice. youtube.com/watch?v=It77SK9GSng

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,437 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Eh, was that video about 5 seconds long? By the time it had loaded it exited out of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭jamok

antodeco wrote: »
    Eh, was that video about 5 seconds long? By the time it had loaded it exited out of it.

I know, sorry I'm still waiting on the GF to sort the pictures out. in the meantime here is ome of the gp2 I caught.

youtube.com/watch?v=Yo9WPxvH9Zw

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭brian_m

Anyone else going to Austria received their tickets yet?

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭conzy

Im a bit late for silverstone so thinking of heading to Hockenheim. The stand tickets are certainly better value too

• Registered Users Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭KillerShamrock

brian_m wrote: »
    Anyone else going to Austria received their tickets yet?

I'm going but my mate from Austria has the tickets I hope :-P. Sure he can talk his way to tickets. At monza last year and he had no id to collect the tickets the guy at the booth was Austrian too bit of a chat later and bam his tickets ha ha

Richie6904 wrote: »
    I'm going but my mate from Austria has the tickets I hope :-P. Sure he can talk his way to tickets. At monza last year and he had no id to collect the tickets the guy at the booth was Austrian too bit of a chat later and bam his tickets ha ha

Nice one, I am sure he has it sorted. Tickets look a bit fake compared with what I have received for other F1 races.. :confused: courier has messed up with the delivery of the camping site tickets (leaving tomorrow) but hopefully they will accept our invoice as proof of purchase and let us in! if not I may need to locate you and your Austrian Buddy

Nice one, I am sure he has it sorted. Tickets look a bit fake compared with what I have received for other F1 races.. :confused: courier has messed up with the delivery of the camping site tickets (leaving tomorrow) but hopefully they will accept our invoice as proof of purchase and let us in! if not I may need to locate you and your Austrian Buddy

Well last year we pick ours up trackside. Dunno what's happening this year! Hopefully everything goes good for you. if you can get online let us know how you get on we are renting a car and staying in a town about an hour and a half away

Sorry for not replying, things got hectic in the lead up but many thanks. We managed to enter the camp site without any real issues thankfully apart from actually finding the correct one and being sent the wrong way by multiple stewards. If I had the handy guide that was sitting on my desk upon my return along with original tickets things would have been a bit easier. Had a blast of a weekend, Red Bull didn't disappoint with the amount of pre and post race entertainment as we had expected, lovely setting for a track and the weather was savage for the race. The general access viewing points are poor imo when compared with Spa... so if I were to return to Spielberg I think I would fork out the extra for a stand ticket. Great weekend had by all

• Advertisement

Sorry for not replying, things got hectic in the lead up but many thanks. We managed to enter the camp site without any real issues thankfully apart from actually finding the correct one and being sent the wrong way by multiple stewards. If I had the handy guide that was sitting on my desk upon my return along with original tickets things would have been a bit easier. Had a blast of a weekend, Red Bull didn't disappoint with the amount of pre and post race entertainment as we had expected, lovely setting for a track and the weather was savage for the race. The general access viewing points are poor imo when compared with Spa... so if I were to return to Spielberg I think I would fork out the extra for a stand ticket. Great weekend had by all

Sound like you had an adventure. We were ga and were at the track at 6am race day to get a decent spot even then couldn't get right to the fence. not great viewing for ga but some of the grand stands had nice views will be on one of them next time too.
    Weather was great, air show and the legends parade too. Even the drivers in the fan zone signing autographs was good not that you could get near it unless you qued for ages. Plus cold nice beer on tap was great, much better than monza and cheaper too.

Richie6904 wrote: »
    Sound like you had an adventure. We were ga and were at the track at 6am race day to get a decent spot even then couldn't get right to the fence. not great viewing for ga but some of the grand stands had nice views will be on one of them next time too.
    Weather was great, air show and the legends parade too. Even the drivers in the fan zone signing autographs was good not that you could get near it unless you qued for ages. Plus cold nice beer on tap was great, much better than monza and cheaper too.

We sure did, the race was part of a 2 and half week road trip around Europe. People were doing serious pointing at the IRL plates on arrival at the camp site. 6 am.... fair play, we only manage to arrive by 10am on race day, serious laugh on camp with the Austrians, mad bunch. We managed to rustle in under some bushes on a patch of sceachs on the embankment with our camp chairs, not much of the track to be seen but a good solid view of the screen so happy enough with that, we had some of best seats in the house we thought due to the heat and the bit of shade offered by the bushes. Yes, it was a well run show, the Euro fighters were deadly to see and the legends cars meant all was not lost in that we got to hear some proper F1 sound, the new cars really disappointed on that front imo. Glad ye enjoyed it, Italy is expensive at the best of times, can only imagine what Monza would be like. Roll on next year

• Registered Users Posts: 665 ✭✭✭collie0708

Hi all defiantly want to go to a Grand Prix next year anyone any track or seat recommendations? Obviously Monaco looks amazing have any of you been where did you stay and how expensive is the weekend?

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭thegoth

Been to

Monza (Twice)
    Monaco
    Canada
    Silverstone (Twice)

I would recommend Monza, Canada and Silverstone as long as you get good tickets. I could not recommend Monaco. Its nice to see it, but the on track action is nothing compared to the other three. I am just back from Silverstone :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭counterlock

Frostie were you at Le mans this year? I missed out on tickets this year (hence the trip to Assen) but I'd appreciate some tips on getting them for next year before they sell out

• Registered Users Posts: 3,908 ✭✭✭GTE

There is talk that myself and some family will go to Abu Dhabi again.
    I think somewhere other than the main straight this time though. Was at the main straight at Silverstone and Abu Dhabi and I wonder if there are more exciting places now that we are used to the shock and awe of F1.

• Registered Users Posts: 665 ✭✭✭collie0708

Im looking at going to the spanish gp next year, has anyone here been can you recommend a good area to get tickets and any good hotels. thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 777 ✭✭✭sob1467

Long shot I know, but does anyone have a spare ticket or two to next weeks German grand prix. Will be in Heidelberg that weekend but cannot find a ticket.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,193 ✭✭✭christy c

sob1467 wrote: »
    Long shot I know, but does anyone have a spare ticket or two to next weeks German grand prix. Will be in Heidelberg that weekend but cannot find a ticket.

Did you try gootickets? There seems to be loads left

• Registered Users Posts: 4,937 ✭✭✭Cool_CM

Tickets for Hungary arrived yesterday, can't wait!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭Amaru KGB

I'm heading to Asia this year as part of travelling and I'm going to fit the Singapore race in. Can't wait now, I've nothing organised so only planning now. Anyone been before?

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭mad dave

Heading to spa next weekend. Got the gen admission for the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,193 ✭✭✭christy c

Amaru KGB wrote: »
    I'm heading to Asia this year as part of travelling and I'm going to fit the Singapore race in. Can't wait now, I've nothing organised so only planning now. Anyone been before?

Yeah, tickets are expensive so your budget will dictate where you sit. I was in turn 1 grandstand, decent view. You don't get a great view anywhere because it's a street circuit, but good atmosphere with the bands playing after. And it will be bloody hot

mad dave wrote: »

You're in for a treat.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,437 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

collie0708 wrote: »
    Im looking at going to the spanish gp next year, has anyone here been can you recommend a good area to get tickets and any good hotels. thanks

I stay in the centre of Barcelona. Near enough to Barcelona Sants station. Can get the train right out to Montmelo. Its about a 30 minute walk from the station to the track, or try get one of the buses up!

Normally get tickets from Bookf1.com. I was in P1 this year. Literally sitting at the third row of the track, right where Alonso was, so crowd were going mental. Grandstand F looks great as it has the end of the straight and then the couple of corners, plus you can see other parts of the track quite well also. Benefit of the main grandstands (excluding E and F) is that they are covered. At times it got stupidly hot sitting by the track!

• Subscribers Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭conzy

Heading to Monza with another Boardsie. My first F1. I regret missing the V8s but still looking forward to the spectacle of it all!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Lemonwilly

I've been to Spa, Hungary and Silverstone, hoping to get to Catalunya, New Jersey, Germany and Austria over the next few years. Will probably go to Austria next year. Got a few friends marshalling at Silverstone 10 years now, got in for free this year, grandstand tickets too, pretty fantastic weekend!

I've been to Spa in 07 and Hockenheim in 08 but the last time I have seen an f1 up close was in Dublin for the Bavaria racing day. It's been a long time coming.:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭recyclebin

I have been to Montreal, Silverstone and Spa. My brother has gone to China for a year so could be going to Shanghai next year for the GP. I might call into see the brother while I'm there!

Advertisement