Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Flight with First Choice

• 26-08-2013 9:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭

Hi been checking out some flights for lanzarote from shannon, couldn't be dealing with added extras of Ryanair and aer lingus don't start flying until the end of October ( hoping to go late sept early oct ) ,

Flights from first choice are €159 incl taxes and charges , does anyone know does this include baggage and everything? And if so how much ? Never even heard of this before today so just want to know has anyone any experience of flying with them

Thanks in advance !

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,495 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Unless you post a link to the flight details, nobody can answer your question.

Did you see the offer in a travel agent office/newspaper/website?????????

Post a link if it's an online offer, otherwise read the Ts & Cs.

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭Vivienne23

http://flights.firstchoice.co.uk/en/index.html

Hope this works , I found it through the first choice.co.uk website , just clicked onto flights and put in my details, SNN - arreciffe , there is the next page where u can choose to pay for seat selection and on board meals but no mention of baggage , it is through Thomson airways which i presume is a charter flight so maybe this baggage just comes as standard it is very reasonable @ €159 taxes and charges incl return

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,374 ✭✭✭Eponymous

I would presume, given that at no stage are you offered the option to add luggage, that it is included. However, I couldn't find any detail on allowances, although admittedly I did only have a cursory glance over it.

All that said, €159 return incl. taxes is pretty bloody good! And yes, it's a holiday charter.

Right. Had a look at the brochure and it seems that on Thompson, the baggage allowance varies by destination. So I took a look at a pricing grid for Lanzarote and the allowance looks to be 15kg (additional 5kg for Stg£22). Infants get 10kg plus their pram.

Yep it sounds good value put that together with a cheap hotel and have a nice package holiday , thanks for that eponymous !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,759 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

Call Falcon or pop into one of their shops and ask them what luggage weight is. I think its 20kg.
    All that said, €159 return incl. taxes is pretty bloody good! And yes, it's a holiday charter.

The hot weather has slowed bookings for September/October and there is lots of capacity left to fill which drives prices down.

Just to update booked my flights, tickets will arrive 3 weeks previous to departure , 20kg baggage allowance per person, have picked the rocas blancas apartments for location so it will work out at 240 per person flights and accomodation for the week , cheap as chips !! Going the 30th September so our fine weather will be a distant memory at that stage I'd be thinking

Enjoy!

Be sure to check out Bodega in the old town. Great restaurant. Try get there late (after 9pm) and take in the atmosphere.

Advertisement