Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Decent, cheap Hotel in Paris.

• 26-08-2013 9:09pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭

Hey guys,

I've just booked flights to Paris from 13-16th of February next year as part of my girlfriends Christmas present (getting it out of the way early:pac:). Now I'm wondering if you could recommend any decent, reasonably priced hotels or hostels? Some where central enough would be perfect. We're both early 20s so we're not too fussy!

Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 608 ✭✭✭Mollyd90

Duff wrote: »
    Hey guys,

I've just booked flights to Paris from 13-16th of February next year as part of my girlfriends Christmas present (getting it out of the way early:pac:). Now I'm wondering if you could recommend any decent, reasonably priced hotels or hostels? Some where central enough would be perfect. We're both early 20s so we're not too fussy!

Cheers.

Hotel de la paix in raspsil is lovely 3 star hotel. Great customer service. Really near metro and bus stop and train to airport. Near restaurants also. Not really near the main attractions but metro will get you to them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,492 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

I stayed in this hotel a few years ago, very close to Notre Dame and a short walk to a metro station on the Boulevard St. Germain. Clean and compact.

http://hotel-agora-paris.com/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,862 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

paris-taylor was recommended in the sunday times travel section.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭brokenarms

Mollyd90 wrote: »
    Hotel de la paix in raspsil is lovely 3 star hotel. Great customer service. Really near metro and bus stop and train to airport. Near restaurants also. Not really near the main attractions but metro will get you to them.

stayed there a few weeks ago. Was fine

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

Almost always stay here http://www.andre-latin-paris-hotel.com/ - ticks all the boxes

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,605 ✭✭✭gctest50

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,492 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

mfceiling wrote: »
    paris-taylor was recommended in the sunday times travel section.

Kiss of death for budget travellers.

By now the hotel has either doubled their prices or are booked up until next Easter or both.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,907 ✭✭✭munchkin_utd

athtrasna wrote: »
    Almost always stay here http://www.andre-latin-paris-hotel.com/ - ticks all the boxes
    I do love the way that Paris hotels have their own definition of cheap.
    That said, I stayed at a few Etaps, now "Ibis Budget" about Paris which are great value.

This far in advance they arent offering any deals, but at 60odd euro per room night on a cancellable reservation they are still a good bit cheaper than other options and you could simply book a room and cancel later if a better deal comes.
    Theres normally a half price Accorhotels (ibis/ novotel/ mercure) sale before christmas so you might get a more comfy and central hotel for the same money then.
    A place that I stayed before on the north (airport) side of the city is beside 2 metro stations http://www.accorhotels.com/gb/hotel-4982-ibis-budget-paris-la-villette-19eme-ex-etap-hotel/index.shtml

If youre looking for a budget option and will be out and about all day meaning the lovelyness of a hotel is lost on you anyhow, then you could do worse.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭Duff

Cheers for the replies guys. I'm ideally looking to spend no more than 100 per room per night. I'll have a look at the above suggestions now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

I really really wish people would put their price limits in their first post rather than wait on what people suggest and then include it....it's just mannerly if you're asking for advice to include a price rather than "reasonable" or whatever, one person's reasonable is not another's.

Also, it's Valentine's weekend in Paris so prices are likely to be higher than normal.

• Advertisement

I really really wish people would put their price limits in their first post rather than wait on what people suggest and then include it....it's just mannerly if you're asking for advice to include a price rather than "reasonable" or whatever, one person's reasonable is not another's.

Also, it's Valentine's weekend in Paris so prices are likely to be higher than normal.

Whoops. I didn't mean to get you all worked up there. 100 is not my limit so that's why I didn't include it, I just said it's what I'd like to spend. I'd have no problem paying more if the room is worth it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 437 ✭✭mimihops

I stayed here recently - http://www.hotel-paris-printemps.com/ and found it good. The rooms are small, but they generally are in Paris anyway, but it was very clean and the metro was just few mins walk away. Also there was some nice cafes/pubs nearby. It's a 2 star hotel so nothing too fancy, but it was perfect for us and I'd use it again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,907 ✭✭✭munchkin_utd

Whoops. I didn't mean to get you all worked up there. 100 is not my limit so that's why I didn't include it, I just said it's what I'd like to spend. I'd have no problem paying more if the room is worth it.
    Maybe look into an ibis styles rather than ibis budget so if your budget is more like 100euro. One of their premises is near the North station so handy to and from the airport and has a funky modern room incl breakfast and free wifi for less than 100 a night for the dates in question.
    For a weekend away with the mrs its a little less obviously penny pinching than going with say an Ibis budget.
    http://www.tripadvisor.ie/Hotel_Review-g187147-d2187907-Reviews-Ibis_Styles_Paris_Cadet_Lafayette-Paris_Ile_de_France.html

With the Metro it doesn't really matter where you are based in the city once you have one near you - but being based near the train to and from the airport can be useful.

I appologise if I sometimes sound like an advertisement for Accor hotels, but I have never been let down by them for a reliable decent place (abeit sometimes a little dull and boring) and their sales are savage!

Got one sorted just there.

Thanks again for all the replies guys, I appreciate it!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

Now I'm wondering if you could recommend any decent, reasonably priced hotels or hostels?

Have you considered an apartment?
    I always stay in apartments when I go away, they are cheaper, larger than a hotel room and you can come and go as you please.

I'm staying in Paris for a week next month, I've booked this apartment, it works out at €97 per night, which is a good price for Paris.
    It is in Montmartre, a lovely part of Paris and central.

Advertisement