Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

maternity grants

Options
  • 27-01-2015 7:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10

Hey all im due baby number 3 in april but have to go to my health board an inquiare about the grant for the hospital bag and cot and buggy but ive been told by a few people that it has now been stopped does anyone now if it is still being given out

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

I know on out 2nd two years ago herself was told to use the buggy and cot from the eldest child ,
    We were gifted our first buggy and bought one for the youngest which was easier to get around on public transport

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭haveringchick

Hey all im due baby number 3 in april but have to go to my health board an inquiare about the grant for the hospital bag and cot and buggy but ive been told by a few people that it has now been stopped does anyone now if it is still being given out

CWO where I am is definitely not giving this payment anymore for second or subsequent babies because unless you've a huge gap between pregnancies you could reasonably be expected to have a pram and a cot and s car seat and maternity nightwear already.
    Also a baby arriving is not "unforseen circumstances in that you knew for 9 months that it was going to happen.

Advertisement