Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Camper Restoration

Options
  • 20-06-2014 10:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 29

Hi all

So iv aquired a 1986 Peugot Concorde. Its in need of ALOT of TLC. Its been parked up for the last few years. Mechanically is fairly sound but the bonnet and front bumper are nakered with rust so they need to be replaced and its missing the window wiper motor and linkage (its a long story)

Im wanting to do it myself as a weekend project cos theres "not that much" to do to pay someone to do it...

I cant seem to find any of these online (donedeal/gumtree) for sale or for breaking, can anyone put me in the right direction to start??

Any help would be appriceated :-)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,638 ✭✭✭moodrater

Panda.w wrote: »
    Hi all

So iv aquired a 1986 Peugot Concorde. Its in need of ALOT of TLC. Its been parked up for the last few years. Mechanically is fairly sound but the bonnet and front bumper are nakered with rust so they need to be replaced and its missing the window wiper motor and linkage (its a long story)

Im wanting to do it myself as a weekend project cos theres "not that much" to do to pay someone to do it...

I cant seem to find any of these online (donedeal/gumtree) for sale or for breaking, can anyone put me in the right direction to start??

Any help would be appriceated :-)

East coast campers has a pile of them. If the bonnet and bumper are knackered youd want to be checking the forward members, crossmember arches, cills, etc. I'm sure theres more than meets the eye.

Saw door locally the other day too:
    https://www.adverts.ie/campers-motorhomes/fiat-ducato-talbot-peugeot-motorhome-doors/4302628

This might also interest:
    http://www.olearymotorhomes.co.uk/kontiki-style-spoiler-271-p.asp

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭rosco p coltrane

Trawl through the breakers in Britain.

Lots of them will post.

Use Parcel Motel or Shiply for cheaper delivery charges.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭Aidan_M_M

is it A class or coach built? I'm assuming Coachbuilt when you mention a rusty bonnet? LHD or RHD? Any pics?

Advertisement