Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Control panel / batteries help

Options
  • 13-06-2014 5:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭

Hi, I was wondering if anyone could help me identify what all these buttons do? I don't seem to be able to get the interior lights switched on when the van is hooked up to the electricity. The leisure battery is dead I think so that is no help. Some of the lights come on very briefly when the engine is running they come on and go off.

The fridge only seems to work when the engine is running.

I am guessing I have a dead leisure battery and am getting the combinations wrong when I am trying to put the interior lights on. The water pump doesn't come on either.

But I have no idea what all these buttons mean, except the two battery ones and the water tank level.

I have it plugged into the mains now and the single 'normal' socket I have is working - I am running the computer off it now so there is electricity on.

I'd be really grateful for any help at all.

14433520613_6c5590df3a_m.jpg

14409983301_4f7f5c6622_m.jpg

14433515573_df4c76c3c0_m.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭pastense

I think you are correct that your leisure battery is dead. Suggest you replace that and see what happens.
    Most panels give you things like the state of the battery charge, the fresh water and waste water levels, the mains connection, the water pump status but haven't seen one like yours so cant help.
    Suggest you include the van makers name and model and somebody here will have seen it at some stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭here2surf

Sorry if I am hi-jacking.
    My battery died last week and I replaced today all seems good bar the 230v light does not come on when hooked up to mains.
    All sockets and fridge are running at 230v but am worried that the leisure battery is not charging and this is why the panel light is not coming on.

Van is a 2008 Dethleffs.:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭Animord

pastense wrote: »
    I think you are correct that your leisure battery is dead. Suggest you replace that and see what happens.
    Most panels give you things like the state of the battery charge, the fresh water and waste water levels, the mains connection, the water pump status but haven't seen one like yours so cant help.
    Suggest you include the van makers name and model and somebody here will have seen it at some stage.

Thank you. It is a 1992 Pilote. I will get a new leisure battery, I just don't understand why things like the water pump doesn't work when it is hooked up to the mains.

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭here2surf

I had this all weekend. Could not figure out why nothing worked when hooked up to mains even though Leisure Battery was dead. Would have thought van would function on mains even with a bunched battery.

Figured out that the charger will not function when there is no charge in batt.
    So, replaced battery today and charger came back to life.

Only worry now is that the 230v light does not come on when hooked up to mains and I am worried that the new battery is not getting charged.

:eek:

here2surf wrote: »
    I had this all weekend. Could not figure out why nothing worked when hooked up to mains even though Leisure Battery was dead. Would have thought van would function on mains even with a bunched battery.

Figured out that the charger will not function when there is no charge in batt.
    So, replaced battery today and charger came back to life.

Only worry now is that the 230v light does not come on when hooked up to mains and I am worried that the new battery is not getting charged.

:eek:

lol. It is a nightmare. I went away for the weekend in mine - couldn't get the interior lights or water pump to work, but hey who needs light and water? I brought a lamp from my sitting room instead!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭pastense

Animord wrote: »
    Thank you. It is a 1992 Pilote. I will get a new leisure battery, I just don't understand why things like the water pump doesn't work when it is hooked up to the mains.
    I'm no expert but most things in a camper work from the battery and the function of the hook up to the mains is to keep the battery charged.

pastense wrote: »
    I'm no expert but most things in a camper work from the battery and the function of the hook up to the mains is to keep the battery charged.

Oh ok. So I think the leisure battery is not entirely dead and is charging a tiny bit, which might explain why I get some lights for very short periods for no apparent reason. I will change the leisure battery this weekend and see if that helps things.

Thanks a million for your reply.

Advertisement