Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

03 Nissan Micra - key light flashing - car won't start?

• 17-08-2009 5:17pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,876 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    My Mrs 03 Micra developed this picular problem this morning ... went to start the car - all the electrics lights come on , there's a clicking sound , no iginition from the engine and the little "key" light on the dash is red and stays flashing - even when I remove the key and lock the car back up ... it's probably still flahing now !!! ... Any idea's ? Is this the immoblizer ? Anybody have similar problems ?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,485 ✭✭✭Bazzy

I would imagine the key has lost its code either that or the battery is as flat as a pancake

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,876 ✭✭✭RayCon

Im going to attempt this later .... anybody ever try this .. sucess rate ?
    [FONT=Arial, Sans-Serif]NISSAN [/FONT]Micra Key Remote Control Programming
    The Central Door locking is controlled by the Multi-Remote Control system which controls the door locking, door super locking and hazard reminder. When the doors are locked and unlocked the unit flashes the hazard lights once for lock and twice for unlock.
    A maximum of four remote controls are allowed to be programmed.
    Ensure all the doors have been unlocked, either by using a good transponder key or remote control plip key.
    1. Turn the ignition switch from Position 0 to ON 6 times within 10 seconds.
    2. Then turn ignition switch to OFF position. Leave key in ignition switch.
    3. After 2 seconds, the system will enter programming mode and will flash the warning lights twice.
    4. Press and HOLD the unlock button on the Plip.
    5. While pressing the unlock button, press the lock button 3 times.
    6. Release the unlock button.
    7. The warning lights will flash once to indicate successful programming.
    8. Repeat procedure 4 to 7 for up to 4 plip key’s.
    9. When completed turn ignition ON, and the warning lights will flash 2 times.
    10. Remove key, and check all plip key’s for operation.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 yogesh

I faced the similar problem with a Nissan smart key and it was due to faulty key battery. The customer came with a key for Nissan Micra in which Green color light was flashing / blinking on dashboard.

If the color of flashing light is red then it is due to completely drained out battery.

I even made a video for this.

It required new CR 2025 battery to solve the problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 chipmunk86

Hi i have the exact same issue and garage cant help. How did you resolve your issue? I know it was a while ago but am getting desperate as its a great car otherwise! TIA

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Since you created a new thread I am closing this.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement