Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Peugeot 308 service interval

Options
  • 15-05-2013 1:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭

I just did a full service on my 308 diesel 1.6 and wondered how many miles before my next service will be due, thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,174 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

The service interval is 12,500 or 20,000 miles, depending on the model.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭firestarter51

jimgoose wrote: »
    The service interval is 12,500 or 20,000 miles, depending on the model.
    My car is the 308 1.6 hdi 5 dr hatchback 2010 model, I read on a forum that it was 20 k due to the high quality synthetic oil

My car is the 308 1.6 hdi 5 dr hatchback 2010 model, I read on a forum that it was 20 k due to the high quality synthetic oil

Does it have a service indicator on the dash? According to Peugeot, the interval for them is two years or 12,500 miles, whichever comes first.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭Bpmull

I wouldn't be leaving a 1.6hdi for 20k miles without servicing it :eek: IMO 20k km (12.5k miles) max and ideally every 15k km. even with long lasting oil I wouldn't leave the car for 20k miles.

I thought 20 k was a bit extreme, that's why I asked the question, I reset the service indicator yesterday, 12,500 miles seems more like it, my dealer used to put a sticker on the windscreen but I can't afford €350 for the full service

• Advertisement

Bpmull wrote: »
    I wouldn't be leaving a 1.6hdi for 20k miles without servicing it :eek: IMO 20k km (12.5k miles) max and ideally every 15k km. even with long lasting oil I wouldn't leave the car for 20k miles.

Aye. In fact, it wouldn't surprise me if Peugeot were using a decent full-synthetic out-of-the-crate. Most modern turbodiesels need a full-synth because of heat soak-back from the turbocharger.

The oil is 5w 40 full synthetic

• Registered Users Posts: 2,025 ✭✭✭Row

The oil should be 5w30 fully syn (low ash) grade.
    Peugeot have changed the service intervals on the 1.6 hdi back to 15k kms.
    Get someone with Peugeot diagnostics to change the s-intervals from 20k to 15k...:-)

• Registered Users Posts: 977 ✭✭✭Wheelnut

12,400 miles (20,000km) is the recommended service interval for the diesel, but I (and many others) think that's too much. You should go for a maximum of 9,000 miles (15,000km)

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭soundman45

Row is the one to ask about these cars, I have a 07 peugeot 407 1.6hdi and it has 100k kms on the clock, gets oil and filter change at 10k and full service at 20k from my independent mechanic, always use the proper oil 5w30 low saps fully synthetic, and you wont go wrong, people neglect their cars and whinge when it all goes wrong, or get them "serviced" at a tyre depot and think its the same as going to a proper mechanic, thanfully ive had no bother with my car and id say if you can find one thts been looked after they are a great buy second hand

• Advertisement
Advertisement