Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Brendan O'Connor's Bertie U-Turn

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭mconigol

For some reason I turned on the saturday night show on RTE player last night. Got about 10 seconds in and I had to turn it off. That included time to walk across the room too...

Awful ****e

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

Terry wrote: »
    Yeah, and I'm not drunk right now.

It's on the internet, and politicians .................can't be arsed looking back through the thread.
    I agree with Doc Ruby.

Lovely rant, none of which discounts the fact they've disbanded. If you've proof to the contrary, I gave you a head start earlier as to where to send it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,050 ✭✭✭token101

Why is Brendan O'Connor even being listened to here? It's the same as Bertie giving tips on football on Soccer Saturday! In Ireland, the media just let celebrities become an authority on anything they feel like! They don't do that anywhere else in the world! Sure why don't we get Kenny Cunningham's input on the fiscal treaty? If Brendan O'Connor is an authority on politics then United should seriously consider Bertie's application for position of manager when Ferguson goes. Hopefully he'll continue his form of taking a well run outfit and running the f***ing thing into the ground.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,528 ✭✭✭foxyboxer

A great politician can be either;

(a) Someone who provides inspired leadership and improves society through fair and just policies.

or

(b) A devious, cunning, machiavellian chancer who bullsh1ts their way into the countries top office and retains said office for three terms.

By those definitions, we could argue that Bertie Ahern was a great politician. ;)

Advertisement