Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

irishgenealogy.ie

Options
  • 09-05-2016 6:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭

The site is currently offline. Has all the appearance of being hacked.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭Alan259

Maybe, they're uploading all the birth certificates from 1864 to 1915 that we've been so eagerly anticipating. :D Or matching up all the marriage entries from 1845 to 1876, which would be a brilliant surprise as well.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 11,314 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hermy

Maybe in future searching for Kelly married to Murphy might even return the same results as searching for Murphy married to Kelly...

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Registered Users Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭shanew

still down this morning..

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭KildareFan

Oh - it looks more like the site has been hacked, as otherwise they would have a message.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 175 ✭✭Tychoo

Its Back.

• Advertisement

still showing the strange screen - I don't want to click on anything....

Working fine here - have you cleared your history?

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭blackbird 49

KildareFan wrote: »
    still showing the strange screen - I don't want to click on anything....

Same here for me

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,623 Mod ✭✭✭✭pinkypinky

Has there been an update to the church records section? I never noticed that section with St Michael's COI Dublin before.

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭Boscod

pinkypinky wrote: »
    Has there been an update to the church records section? I never noticed that section with St Michael's COI Dublin before.

Yes there has been an update. A previously missing file from another parish, that I notified them about some months back, is now available.

• Advertisement

And the whole site had to go off line without any warning for a whole day to add one file.
    What an amazing website!!

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,108 ✭✭✭pedroeibar1

Don't be upset. On a good day I'm lucky to get more than one bar of 3G. No possibilty of cable, phone exchange is too far away for that route. Ever try to download an image when the dongle is reading 'E'? There are times when I think I like the Healy-Raes!

I was in the GRO office yesterday and mentioned to one of the staff that Irishgenealogy seemed to have vanished. Staff member knew nothing about it, had never accessed the site. Seems like so much potential being lost...

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,623 Mod ✭✭✭✭pinkypinky

KildareFan wrote: »
    I was in the GRO office yesterday and mentioned to one of the staff that Irishgenealogy seemed to have vanished. Staff member knew nothing about it, had never accessed the site. Seems like so much potential being lost...

FFS! A site that directly leads to business for them. Absolutely ridiculous: but they are of course managed by different departments of government.

Genealogy Forum Mod

Advertisement