Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fix for problem with NAI website search

Options
  • 18-02-2016 1:11pm
    Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 11,313 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Just been on the phone to the National Archives about a problem with their website.
    I was advised to try nai.adlibhosting.com which seems to work fine.

EDIT: Not working as well as the usual route.

Genealogy Forum Mod

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭montgo

Any idea why there are still problems with the website?

The alternative website gave me an error message in Swedish or something similar and it is extrememly slow:)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 11,313 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hermy

Didn't get much detail from them other than that they are aware of the problem.
    The alternative isn't great so I hope they will be reverting to the main site soon.
    Maybe another phone call on Monday.

Genealogy Forum Mod

Thanks, Hermy.

I think there might have been problems with the website for quite a while. I do hope that they will get it working again asap.

Site is gone from bad to worse this morning.
    Been on the phone to them and they are aware of the problem.

Genealogy Forum Mod

Yep, I gave up last night with error messages & slowness, etc.

Thanks for following up with phonecalls, etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭The Chieftain

montgo wrote: »
    Yep, I gave up last night with error messages & slowness, etc.

Thanks for following up with phonecalls, etc.

Is the NAI search function completely down? Just now I tried to find where to search the NAI Transportation database, and just went around in circles.

Is anyone else still having problems with this site?
    Currently it's still as slow as before but now I can't view the images from the Will Calendars either.

Genealogy Forum Mod

I spoke to someone from the National Archives on the phone again today. It seems they've been dealing with this since before Christmas and the problem is with the service provider.
    Not sure how one deals with that.

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,622 Mod ✭✭✭✭pinkypinky

Just to update you that the will calendar links are working from CIGO's website still. New website in process of being designed for CIGO - I'll post when we launch it.

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,108 ✭✭✭pedroeibar1

Hermy wrote: »
    I spoke to someone from the National Archives on the phone again today. It seems they've been dealing with this since before Christmas and the problem is with the service provider.
    Not sure how one deals with that.
    Correct corporate governance would insist on a SLA (Service Level Agreement) between the parties, setting out who does what, when, where and also what happens when these T’s & C’s are broken. Successive Irish governments have been an absolute disaster in matters such as this.

• Advertisement

Correct corporate governance would insist on a SLA (Service Level Agreement) between the parties, setting out who does what, when, where and also what happens when these T’s & C’s are broken. Successive Irish governments have been an absolute disaster in matters such as this.

I did suggest to the lady on the phone that they stop paying their bill until it's sorted.

Genealogy Forum Mod

Advertisement