Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mouse wheel button feature stopped working

Options
  • 23-05-2015 12:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭

Any ideas, happened first time yesterday, it returned but again its stopped. Not sure how I got it working yetersday though. I have to click "open in new tab/window" now rather than just clicking with wheel. Annoying.

OS Vista 32 (stop laughing) standard optical USB mouse.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Marcface

... Vista... ouch D:

Could the mouse be faulty? I've had Razer mice that've gone wonky like that believe it or not. If it's not faulty, and is related to some bizarre and probably random Vista issue that is impossible to find or fix, that'll be a bit more complex to fix..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Ah, its a hardware issue, I just forced the wheel slightly to the left and its working again!

Swapped mice, have working wheel button but the scroll doesn't work on this one! :mad: :pac:

Well it does if I do it "remotely" - press wheel and then release but move mouse instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Marcface

Ah, its a hardware issue, I just forced the wheel slightly to the left and its working again!

Swapped mice, have working wheel button but the scroll doesn't work on this one! :mad: :pac:

Well it does if I do it "remotely" - press wheel and then release but move mouse instead.

Well at least it's hardware related! Is it just a bog standard mouse?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Yep, I think I have a third one somewhere

Advertisement