Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Police Informed a Mother About Her Son’s Death Over Facebook

• 20-02-2013 6:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,204 ✭✭✭

"On January 24th, Ricky Lamb was hit by a car and killed. His body sat in the morgue until Valentine's Day, though, because the incompetent local police only contacted the family over Facebook. It took a month for Lamb's mother to find the message.
    The Atlanta Journal-Constitution reports the ordeal of Anna Lamb-Creasey, who had no idea what had become of her son. Apparently, the authorities couldn't figure out how to find a woman who was desperately looking for her son, so they opted to send her a message over Facebook. Because Creasey isn't friends with the cops on Facebook, the message was filtered to the often ignored "Other" folder. Why didn't Creasey pay attention to message? Because it looked like spam. The message was sent by an account under the name "Misty" with a photo of the rapper T.I. as the profile shot."

http://gizmodo.com/5985605/police-informed-a-mother-about-her-sons-death-over-facebook

This was bound to happen, sooner or later...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Interceptor

They should have Tweeted her as well.

'c

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭Shoutcast Ireland

Seriously a wtf moment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭davet82

No carrier pigeon? ffs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 638 ✭✭✭flanders1979

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,407 ✭✭✭lkionm

Should have keep sending her farmville requests and their farm was a made into a morgue with her sons name somewhere in it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 619 ✭✭✭Pilotdude5

I also just noticed this "other" inbox in facebook msg's and found this:
    Hello,,
    My name is Miss khady i read your profile at
    (facebook.com) it was
    so good to me. Please contact me at
    (khadylove@ ymail.com)
    i am a girl love, please don't reply me
    to this site reply
    me direct to my yahoo mail box
    (khadylove@ ymail.com)
    thank.
    khady,,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Khady sounds legit

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

I call shenanigans on the story

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,204 ✭✭✭FoxT

seamus wrote: »

Sure it can't be shenanigans! Its on the internet!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Absolute BS on that story

• Advertisement

krudler wrote: »

Enlighten us...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,883 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

Found a message in my other messages folder from 2010 regarding the suicide of a friend of mine. Definitely nothing like what happened in the OP, but really, what a seriously unsavory way to try to contact someone about such a happening.
    Good Morning America
    Hey Darren,
    I'm sorry to bother you on facebook but I saw that you were friends with ************* when she was in *********** (i found her ******* page with the***************, etc). First of all, I am so sorry for your loss. I have been covering the story since January and hope to do a larger story about *************... but I was wondering if I could talk to you for a bit off the record. Either on email: ****************@abc.com or maybe I could give you a call?
    let me know and thanks for reading this

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,184 ✭✭✭3ndahalfof6

What did he say.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,087 ✭✭✭Duiske

krudler wrote:
    FoxT wrote: »
    Enlighten us...

Brown stuff, smells foul, falls out of a bull's arse.

Duiske wrote: »
    Brown stuff, smells foul, falls out of a bull's arse.

Not at all enlightening, and , as it happens the story is true. Try a bit harder next time :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 757 ✭✭✭Apanachi

krudler wrote: »

Well don't know about that, but a few clicks will get you to his sister's FB page where there's a comment about the incident

Advertisement