Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

205 Bus Question :)

Options
  • 03-09-2014 6:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭

Hey lads,

Hope everyone is well! Just a quick question regarding buses. At the end of the month I'll be undertaking a course at Leisure World in Bishopstown. My car is officially fecked and for the immediate future looks like I'm be relying on public transport :)

Just curious as I'll be getting the train to Kent Station, is it a simple matter of strolling out the train station and grabbing the 205? Does the 205 stop at Rossa Avenue or does it actually take me to CIT campus? Ideally I would like to get off at Rossa Avenue as it's closer to Leisure World than the campus stop... I think!

Anyone been on this bus before? :)

Thanks!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,669 ✭✭✭who_me

IIRC it comes from Model Farm Road, goes down the full length of Rossa Avenue, back up along Melbourne Road and back in via Model Farm Road. I think there's a stop by the roundabout on Rossa Avenue, which is the closest to Leisure World?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,514 ✭✭✭bee06

If you google maps it, it will show you where both the Rosas avenue stop and the closest Melbourne road stops are so you can see which is closer.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭shampooman

Thanks lads! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭metamorphosis

Yip, i teach at leisureworld and get the 205 bus. Stops literally 30 seconds from leisureworld

Thanks!!

• Advertisement

Just one last thing lads... is that stop outside Leisure World the last stop on the route or does it go down the road further? I'm awful at missing stops ( well I'm speculating as never really travelled on bus before) and just like to know where the bus ends up in case I'm half asleep Monday morning ( highly likely) :P

Thanks again everyone!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭darkdubh

The 205 has some of the grumpiest, weirdo bus drivers of any route in the city.Worst of all is that guy with the flat cap who looks like Jackie Healy Raes lovechild.

• Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭kaki

shampooman wrote: »
    Just one last thing lads... is that stop outside Leisure World the last stop on the route or does it go down the road further? I'm awful at missing stops ( well I'm speculating as never really travelled on bus before) and just like to know where the bus ends up in case I'm half asleep Monday morning ( highly likely) :P

Thanks again everyone!

The last stop is in front of the B block of the CIT campus here which puts you at a 3-5 minute walk from Leisureworld.

It makes more sense for you to get out at the stop before which is here a.k.a. the FÁS Training Centre

That's exactly what I was looking for! :) Thanks very much Kaki!!

Advertisement