Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone keep Call Ducks?

Options
  • 15-06-2009 5:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭

I am looking for some advice on duck keeping please. I already have five hens which are free ranging on a half acre and I want to add to the mayhem.

I don't really want a lot of eggs and I don't want the place torn apart - someone suggested Call Ducks as an option and I'm on the lookout for a pair.

How sociable are they, will they need separate accomodation away from the hens and are there instances when the two species won't get on?

Thanks,

'cptr

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭leelee_m

we have a pair of call ducks a male & female who live with a bunch of hens. They get along fine with them and sleep in the same house! we built a small pond for them which they do swim in but they like to clean themselves in a bowl of water. The female lays eggs fairly regularly. They are real little chatterboxes! you should read up on them before you get one, check out this page http://www.callducks.net/looking_after_calls.htm
    Good Luck :)

Advertisement