Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

No Tax or Insurance

Options
  • 04-04-2008 10:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 911 ✭✭✭

Who do you call to report a car with no Insurace or Tax?

I was thinking Council or Police?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

More info needed, if it's parked in somebody's driveway, then what's the problem?

I assume you want to report someone parked near your house, is that right?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,452 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

What are the circumstances?? Is it parked somewhere it shouldn't be or is it being driven around?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 911 ✭✭✭Little-Devil

micmclo wrote: »
    More info needed, if it's parked in somebody's driveway, then what's the problem?

I assume you want to report someone parked near your house, is that right?

Its parked on the road ouside the owners house for over a year and not moved once. I don't see why he won't move it but he's had his chance more then once.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

If it's not being driven i didn't think it needed insurance or tax????? not too sure though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,805 ✭✭✭✭Gary ITR

Whats the problem with the car being parked outside his house? Insurance is only needed if the car is being driven but to park on a public street he needs tax

• Advertisement

If it's not being driven i didn't think it needed insurance or tax????? not too sure though

NO tax, insurance or NCT and it is parked on the road outside a neighbours house.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

If it's on a public road then it needs motor tax anyway. Not sure about a private estate.

Sorry OP, but I still can't see the problem. What wrong with parking outside your house? Are you blocked in some way?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,669 ✭✭✭DeepBlue

Its parked on the road ouside the owners house for over a year and not moved once.

Afaik if it's on a public road (rather than on his private property) then it needs to be taxed.

Onkle wrote: »
    but to park on a public street he needs tax

Exactly, so who do i report it to? I don't want to ring Garda they better things to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,669 ✭✭✭DeepBlue

I don't want to ring Garda they better things to do.

The guards will issue the ticket for the out of date tax cert. I presume you want the owner to shift it as it's an eyesore?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,452 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Gardai.

I was afraid it was the garda, i was thinking the council could remove it or something. I'll give them a call in the next few weeks if its not removed.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,790 ✭✭✭✭cormie

Is it causing an obstruction in any way or what's the problem? There's a car parked on a public road where I am (it has a residents parking permit because it's a pay and display area). The tax/insurance is out of date but there is a little piece of paper with a garda crest header on it. Haven't read what it says but I assume it's to do with the no tax/insurance so there might be a condition where it's ok in some circumstances.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,805 ✭✭✭✭Gary ITR

Why not speak to your neighbor about it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 115 ✭✭mthd

grow up.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,552 ✭✭✭CyberGhost

Some people just have too much time on their hands...

Like Onkle suggested, go over and talk to him.

Why go around being an ass and cause problems for people. If it's not obstracting traffic or anything Gardai will probably laugh you off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭Max_Damage

Why do I get the feeling the OP has some sort of grudge against is neighbour?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,914 ✭✭✭GavMan

take off the number plates and the gardai will be forced to impound it straight away...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,670 ✭✭✭NiSmO

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 575 ✭✭✭Dabko

NiSmO wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.

+1. Dont be a Victor Meldrew!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,761 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

GavMan wrote: »
    take off the number plates and the gardai will be forced to impound it straight away...

Yes indeed, good idea.

I will then report you for 'unauthorised interference with a motor vehicle' - this is the charge for car theft. You can expect a considerably higher penalty than the neighbour would, for tax. The irony would be beautiful, though..........:D

OP - mind your own business. Otherwise you may find your neighbour ......reading your ins disc, your NCT disc, your tax disc, and inspecting your tyres, so that he could report you, when the opportunity arises. I know I would.

You are not the police, and you have no remit to interfere. Stay out of it.

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭Stimpyone

Dabko wrote: »
    +1. Dont be a Victor Meldrew!

Understandable but not everybody has nice neighbours.

Me I live beside a pig ignorant a$$ hole. Who brags constantly about fraudulent claims on his insurance, he got a nice new extension with his last one.

All his own business mind and none of mine. Fair play to him if that's square in his mind but he goes out of his way to be a d1ck.

I have thougt about reporting him to the insurance companies but it would most likely be punishing his family for the sins of the father. So every time he annoys me I just walk away, I'm sure he thinks I'm some sort of limp wristed gimp but so be it.

Thankfully the rest of my neighbours and fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,761 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

Stimpyone wrote: »
    Understandable but not everybody has nice neighbours.

Me I live beside a pig ignorant a$$ hole. Who brags constantly about fraudulent claims on his insurance, he got a nice new extension with his last one.

True, but your example is completely different - you are aware of fraud. Fraud that costs everyone here, and all motorists, money. Higher insurance costs etc. You should have no compunction about reporting that person if what he says is true. As a matter of fact, you really have duty to your family to report it. His family is his problem, and you don't want to engender that behaviour as normal, so it can be inflicted for the next generation.......

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Onthebus

is his house as well as his car annoying you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 338 ✭✭Tony Danza

Exactly, so who do i report it to? I don't want to ring Garda they better things to do.
    What? If he's braking the law this IS their job? :confused:

On another note, cop on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,460 ✭✭✭workaccount

In fairness everyone that's telling him to cop on....if's someone left a s*it car lying round close to your house you'd get sick of looking at it. I wouldn't mind if the guy was into cars and he had a few lying around he rarely drives but this sounds like some fella that's just left an absolute heap of trash lying around.
    I live with a lazy f*cker that leaves his sh*te all over the house and I'm sick to death of the inconsiderate as*hole. (he just could not give a f*ck about anyone as long as he is happy)

OP though....seriously...calling the cops? Get real. Go and talk to your neighbour...the cops ain't gonna be able to do nythin.

All housing estates and streets should have a code to keep things looking well.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

Been there, done that, bought the t-shirt
    This should help u
    http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055220726&page=3
    In the end i asked him politely, and he moved it.

Advertisement