Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Etrex 20 Mapping

Options
  • 19-01-2014 7:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭

Hey Guys

Recently bought a Etrex 20, must say its very good.

I have my eyes on this :Garmin EIRE Discoverer 1:50K FULL

I also want aerial images if possible..

Im trying to keep costs to a minimum so hoping some of you techies can suggest a cheap yet good clear reliable way around paying full wack

Cheers in advance!

Delta

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭deltamerc

bump :(

• Registered Users Posts: 21,425 ✭✭✭✭Alun

There's not much leeway on prices really ... €169 for the whole country from Garmin. If you don't want / need coverage for the entire country, you can buy BirdsEye Select mapping tiles. Costs €19.99 from Garmin directly for 600 sq. km. Aerial imagery is also available for €25 for the same area. You buy a voucher, and can use the voucher code to download the tiles you need via Basecamp.

Good man Alun!!

Is the aerial imagery clear do you know?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,425 ✭✭✭✭Alun

IIRC you can download a small area as a test for free in BaseCamp to see what the quality is like although from memory I don't think it's great.

sound Alun, appreciate your replies mate!

• Advertisement
Advertisement