Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DIY Wedding Invitations

Options
  • 26-11-2014 11:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 824 ✭✭✭

Hi all

I have offered to 'sort out' the invitations for my sisters wedding.
    As I am in a different county to her it's one of the few things I can do to help so I am keen to do a great job.

I am going to make them - she is having a vintage/shabby chic theme with colours of pale green and pink.

I decided I will do a layered invite, 1st colour pale green, then a slightly smaller card of pale pink and then a cream card on top with the details printed on there.
    I'm going to make mini bunting and attach across the top.

What I would ideally like to do is put them in the 'pocket fold' style envelopes so I can also add in an RSVP card, directions, accomodation details etc.

Do you know of any decent stationary/ craft suppliers in the country that would sell these and also the card I need for the actual invitations plus envelopes?

Many thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,638 ✭✭✭Milly33

Ohh the Pocket Fold is killing me :) trying to source it here well in Cork.

Well done to you also for doing this, very nice thing to do for her... Was planning to make my own too like this, got lots of things must say those roller stickies are great aswell. They are like a tippex mouse but it is double sided tape. Fantastic idea and work great.

Anywho back to it, I have searched a lot of places for the elusive pockets folds. The one place I found that has them for a decant prices was www.craftyangels.ie but they are based in Kildare.

We are waiting to order these now from JJ's House at the end of this month www.jjshouse.com or www.aliexpress.com . I have searched a lot of sites and many of them are way over priced. I cannot find any reviews for either of these for invites, the only thing I have heard is that shipping can be long enough but if you have plenty of time id say it is worth it.

They had some also for sale in daft and adverts. The one in adverts was based in Portlaoise I think, I did order some but she kept forgetting to post them so I left her at it.

If you want to go all DIY you can make them aswell I have an template I can pass onto you or you can download it. The only thing with this is you will have to get A3 card, I tried using A4 and I think it is just too small but then that was just me..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

I ordered my materials from cardsandpockets.com and printed my design from home. I had a very specific design in mind and they had just the envelopes I needed (petal fold style). I did get caught with customs though so watch out for that.

Someone was saying recently if you get things delivered to your work address you tend to not get caught by the customs tax just a tip as they expect business's to be paying and just ignore the parcels

• Registered Users Posts: 824 ✭✭✭magicmushroom

Dolbert wrote: »
    I ordered my materials from cardsandpockets.com and printed my design from home. I had a very specific design in mind and they had just the envelopes I needed (petal fold style). I did get caught with customs though so watch out for that.

I had a look at this website place but it was mind boggling, way too much choice lol
    Some of the samples were fantastic but I am not creative (or patient) enough to work it all out lol

• Registered Users Posts: 824 ✭✭✭magicmushroom

Milly33 wrote: »
    Ohh the Pocket Fold is killing me :) trying to source it here well in Cork.

Well done to you also for doing this, very nice thing to do for her... Was planning to make my own too like this, got lots of things must say those roller stickies are great aswell. They are like a tippex mouse but it is double sided tape. Fantastic idea and work great.

Anywho back to it, I have searched a lot of places for the elusive pockets folds. The one place I found that has them for a decant prices was www.craftyangels.ie but they are based in Kildare.

We are waiting to order these now from JJ's House at the end of this month www.jjshouse.com or www.aliexpress.com . I have searched a lot of sites and many of them are way over priced. I cannot find any reviews for either of these for invites, the only thing I have heard is that shipping can be long enough but if you have plenty of time id say it is worth it.

They had some also for sale in daft and adverts. The one in adverts was based in Portlaoise I think, I did order some but she kept forgetting to post them so I left her at it.

If you want to go all DIY you can make them aswell I have an template I can pass onto you or you can download it. The only thing with this is you will have to get A3 card, I tried using A4 and I think it is just too small but then that was just me..

Oooh making my own might be an idea - if you wouldn't mind telling me where I can download the template that would be great!
    Let me know how yours turn out when they arrive in the post, it's good to know I'm not the only one stressing over a bloody envelope haha!

• Advertisement

No a bother ill send it on. Don't worry as Michael said "You Are Not Alone"..

I think if you are planning to put a few bits in with the invite it is handy to have the pocketfolds

Here is one http://www.instructables.com/id/Pocketfold-Wedding-Invitation/

And this is the other one http://www.scribd.com/doc/236681434/Pointed-Flap-A7-Pocketfold-Template. I have tried this one and it is quite easy just I didn't have any A3 paper so I just done a quick design one.

I will let you know indeed, was suppose to have them on order this month but got delayed so we will most defiantly do it the end of Nove..

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

You can also buy templates for just a few euro on etsy.com. You can get pretty much anything you want, and if you find the right design in the wrong colour, just contact the seller and they'll sort you out. You can download it to your computer and have it right away. That's what we've done :)

• Registered Users Posts: 676 ✭✭✭foxirl

Advertisement