Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good pubs and clubs.

Options
  • 30-01-2016 6:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

I've been pining for a new watering hole. I tried going to Reardens recently but that place is basically a landfill with expensive drinks. A woman pooed on the floor.

Any suggestions where I can go to bleach that from my mind?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,335 ✭✭✭.red.

I tried going to Reardens. A woman pooed on the floor.
    At least its better than it was anyway lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 344 ✭✭etoughguy

There are tons of good pubs in town, can you be more specific as to what kind of pub you like?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Wait, wait, wait?
    A woman poo'd on the floor?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

Reardons is a bit of a meatmarket alright.

What are you looking for? I'm in my 30's, so I like a place where there are good beers, and I can have a laugh with my friends.
    I like Rising Sons (good beer, and pizza), Hi-B, Idle hour. Mutton lane inn, but not on a weekend, too busy and full of beards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

Reardons is a bit of a meatmarket alright.

What are you looking for? I'm in my 30's, so I like a place where there are good beers, and I can have a laugh with my friends.
    I like Rising Sons (good beer, and pizza), Hi-B, Idle hour. Mutton lane inn, but not on a weekend, too busy and full of beards.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,131 ✭✭✭beer enigma

I wouldn't be much into clubs.. It's an age thing :) but my niece goes to Bodega or SoHo... As for pubs, unless it's my local Silver Key, we'd use Electric

• Registered Users Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭Curb Your Enthusiasm

Reidys is great for a quiet pint.

The Old Oak is fairly lively, great for a night out with mates.

• Registered Users Posts: 915 ✭✭✭Bussywussy

deep south is fairly good too,perfect for a group of people

• Registered Users Posts: 5,352 ✭✭✭ofcork

Andip wrote: »
    I wouldn't be much into clubs.. It's an age thing :) but my niece goes to Bodega or SoHo... As for pubs, unless it's my local Silver Key, we'd use Electric

They have dropped the age big time in soho way younger crowd than before.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,746 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

A woman pooed on the floor.

Stay classy, Reardon's punters. Always was a bit of a sh*tehole....now it's literally that.

Went in there ill-advisedly during the Jazz...never, ever again will I darken its doors.

Of the ones I'd be looking at the Woodford/Oliver Plunkett/Crane are ok, esp if it's live music you're after. None of them have particularly cheap drink though, think there may be oul' fella bars that may be cheaper around town.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,712 ✭✭✭roundymac

Cantys Pembrooke ST for good music and a bit of craic at the w/d.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,960 ✭✭✭✭rob316

1767 (formerly the bailey) is a nice spot, been a few times since it opened, its not absolutely jointed and the crowd is decent.

Reardens is a dive, speaking of ****ting on the floor, my brother was in there last month, girl stooped down next to him took a piss on the floor, he said she was literally 10ft from the toilet. Stay classy :D
    Not to mention they hire the absolute most obnoxious and prickish bouncers.

Soho is dog rough, its like where you go after the catwalk is too young for you. I'm no snob or green but what I witnessed when I was in there about 3 years ago was disgraceful. 3 fights in about 1 hour, bouncer bit on the cheek, chairs swung and just a large majority of the punters looking for trouble. I knew it was a kip when I spotted 4 lads I know in there my age regularly in and out of Cork prison.

As far as clubs go, Voodoo is good, nice big smoking area, well laid out.

Either way your getting rinsed if you go to any of Benny, Monty or Cantillons water holes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

The James street is a kip! JD on the door is a bit of a laugh after what happened. In voodoo and he got ran out the door for!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,746 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

rob316 wrote: »

Soho is dog rough, its like where you go after the catwalk is too young for you. I'm no snob or green but what I witnessed when I was in there about 3 years ago was disgraceful. 3 fights in about 1 hour, bouncer bit on the cheek, chairs swung and just a large majority of the punters looking for trouble. I knew it was a kip when I spotted 4 lads I know in there my age regularly in and out of Cork prison.

That's what you get when you leave the dregs and riff raff in.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,960 ✭✭✭✭rob316

MrMac84 wrote: »
    The James street is a kip! JD on the door is a bit of a laugh after what happened. In voodoo and he got ran out the door for!

Thought it was good the few times I was in. Better selection of beer wouldn't go a miss though.

I noticed he had moved, what happened at voodoo he got ran out the door for? Never ever had any issue getting into Voodoo while he was there and was always a man for the banter at the door instead of the Spanish inquisition everywhere else.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Not a lot of info/preferences to go in OP but Franciscan Well is nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,097 ✭✭✭Herb Powell

rob316 wrote: »
    Either way your getting rinsed if you go to any of Benny, Monty or Cantillons water holes.

Though let's be fair, The Oval is a lovely spot.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,063 ✭✭✭Miaireland

I liked Mutton Lane when I lived in Cork City. Soho was ok too but haven't heard great things about it recently.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭rebel.ranter

Sin é is a great little spot too.

Advertisement