Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Reese's cups

Options
  • 19-06-2007 7:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,258 ✭✭✭

Just back from the us and had reese's cups. Soooooo nice

Anyone know where I might get them in Ireland

Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,696 Mod ✭✭✭✭Silverfish

A good few Spar shops have them.

Also Reese's Nutrageous bars, which are heavy going.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

Reeses cups are among the only US chocolate i like. I hate hersheys, cooking chocolate tastes better... and fresher!

However if cadbury or some other European did reeses cups, can you imagine the chocolate peanutbutter heaven? yummm..

Reeses pieces are great though.. like m&m's but with peanutbutter instead of chocolate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 799 ✭✭✭Schlemm

Ye I think the Spar on O'Connell St. have them...? I reckon I've seen them in a Spar in town.

I think I saw them in Topshop as well on sale near the counter.

And if you go to Canada, you can get Dairy Milk peanut butter...say no more...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Far too sweet for my liking. :( Not a fan of much of the US sweeties.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,258 ✭✭✭swingking

when you say Spar, are we talking about a particular spar or all spars

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 947 ✭✭✭fobster

Silverfish wrote:
    Also Reese's Nutrageous bars, which are heavy going.

They are the business.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,900 ✭✭✭rannerap

eurospar in kiltipper sell them:)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭Blush_01

fobster wrote:
    They are the business.
    I agree 110%.

I wish they sold Reeces Pieces over here. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,258 ✭✭✭swingking

any other spar locations that have them, I've looked in tons of spars and I can't find them :(

I'm dying for them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 643 ✭✭✭Beelzebub

Too sickly sweet for me too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,481 ✭✭✭Fremen

Ugh. When I was in the US, I bit in to one of those, and had to spit it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭Blush_01

swingking wrote:
    any other spar locations that have them, I've looked in tons of spars and I can't find them :(

I'm dying for them

Spar in Donnybrook (Dublin), Tipperary Town, the news agents on the corner of Shop St. and Eyre Square, the Spar at the bottom of Grafton St. (beside Lush)...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,900 ✭✭✭rannerap

i personally hate them,too sweet and nasty

• Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

Taylors in Perrystown (Dublin) have the Cups and Nutrageous and some Hersheys, cookies&cream i think

• Registered Users Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭Bottle_of_Smoke

Spar on phillipsburgh avenue in marino in dublin 3

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 10,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stoner

Ruu wrote:
    Far too sweet for my liking. :( Not a fan of much of the US sweeties.

I agree, anyway years ago there were nice peanut bars, jusy made from peanuts held together by a kind of hard sweet stuff, lovely stuff.

Also the peanut cookies are also heavy going, but i am a big peanut butter fan

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭tensecyclist

Some people love peanuts others chocolates! I live for the latter.:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 botvot

Spar in Killiney has them, and also Avoca's! (well, the one at Powerscourt Gardens sold it).

• Registered Users Posts: 4,115 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

There very expensive here though, I remember paying €1 for one in spar. Also, try kit kat chunky peanut, its the same thing practically

• Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭woop

I was charged 1.70 for a pack in the nutmeg in bray, I just stood there astonished...........actually they have got a lot more popular in the last year, been seeing them in a lot of places

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

reynolds newsagent in lower abbey street sell them, god their lovely

• Registered Users Posts: 4,115 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

I'll doubt american chocolate will ever catch on here. Its really a shame. Im off to the states soon. Im gonna try everything!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,450 ✭✭✭Blisterman

They sell them a lot of places in England. I think they have a factory here. They're about the same prices as any other confectionary.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,805 ✭✭✭✭Gary ITR

Blisterman wrote:
    They sell them a lot of places in England. I think they have a factory here. They're about the same prices as any other confectionary.

They don't have a factory here. It's all imported from the states and distributed by the same company that distributes kinder and wrigleys

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Niamho!

Saw someone Mention Topshop. thats True. they're near the counter in nearly Every Branch!!

Hersheys Chocolate is Rank i think. its coz they use Vegetable Fats or somethin isn't it?? something like that...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 139 ✭✭armada104

*BUMP* There's a newsagent on Westmoreland Street that always has them. NOT the great big dirty Londis with all the beer cans in the windows but further down. Sorry I can't remember which shop it is, but if you want them enough you'll look. Westmoreland Street's about as central as you'll get.

Mind you after my initial love affair with the cups I've realised that they're *ridiculously* salty. Now the inside-out ones... that's a whole other story.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭Velvet Vocals

swingking wrote:
    Just back from the us and had reese's cups. Soooooo nice

Anyone know where I might get them in Ireland

Thanks

You can get them in Nolans Supermarket in Clontarf along with Orios and Hershey's and lots of American stuff. Very yummy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

theres a shop at the top of leeson street(stephens green end of leeson street), snall shop um...cantthink of its name, theres a bank then a pub then a s/wich place then this wee shop, they have the reeses cups there (€1) & the nutrageous bars,
    Also in Dundrum Centre, the newsagents on the ground floor near Argos have them too, with herseys stuff (yuck)

Advertisement