Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Restaurant Recommendation Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,942 ✭✭✭sporina

i wonder can you bring beer to the Sultan or just wine?

On another note, had coffee and cake in Gogo's on The Well Rd today - myohmy.. what a find.. I am glad I do not live too near though.. ekk..

On a bad note though they are very pushed for space... tables way too close together - and there are just a few.. we sat by the window so we were ok.. not sure if i would have a long lunch by a counter window though..

but the food looked amazing and the cakes ARE!! As is the coffee - and its all local too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭Nonoperational

I saw people going into sultan with beer anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,657 ✭✭✭Milly33

Eventually got to Salt last night and well no i wouldnt be rushing back there. Dissapointing i must say, I think they are trying to be hip or something but getting it wrong. €67.80 me thinks the bill was for 4 glasses of wine, two mains, coffee and one desert...Felt a bit robbed for what we got.

The food is very bland, like we were saying we could nip to aldi/lidl and pick up the meat selection they had and salad and it would have tasted fresher and better.

Fish Plate €15 was nice enough,but again salad tasted like it had been there a few days, nicest thing was fish cakes.
    Meat and Cheese plate €10 something and twas only alright the meats were bland and there was maybe two nice cheeses there.

Service wasnt great it was fine basic but i wouldnt be leaving a tip. We had to ask for breads which after seeing the rest of the tables being seated we were suppose to get at the begining, we had to ask for another glass of wine... Plus the wines are way over priced, and they seem to have differant ones listed on the wine list as to what they have front of house..

When we got our plates the waitress droppped a few of the ramicans on the floor with stuff in them which is grand totally get it (the serving plates are'nt made from ramicans) she was bringing us more of what she dropped, but we were waiting until half way through our food to get it, which really should have been brought out to us striaght away..

The tables are too small also for how they are serving the food, The food comes out on pices of wood, fancy wood. And you get your plate. There were two of us and with the two boards in the middle of the table, the big candle thingy they have on the table, glass of wine. You are left with like a tiny corner to use for your plate to eat.. Just isnt comfortable...ahhh i feel better now

Eventually got to Salt last night and well no i wouldnt be rushing back there. Dissapointing i must say, I think they are trying to be hip or something but getting it wrong. €67.80 me thinks the bill was for 4 glasses of wine, two mains, coffee and one desert...Felt a bit robbed for what we got.

The food is very bland, like we were saying we could nip to aldi/lidl and pick up the meat selection they had and salad and it would have tasted fresher and better.

Fish Plate €15 was nice enough,but again salad tasted like it had been there a few days, nicest thing was fish cakes.
    Meat and Cheese plate €10 something and twas only alright the meats were bland and there was maybe two nice cheeses there.

Service wasnt great it was fine basic but i wouldnt be leaving a tip. We had to ask for breads which after seeing the rest of the tables being seated we were suppose to get at the begining, we had to ask for another glass of wine... Plus the wines are way over priced, and they seem to have differant ones listed on the wine list as to what they have front of house..

When we got our plates the waitress droppped a few of the ramicans on the floor with stuff in them which is grand totally get it (the serving plates are'nt made from ramicans) she was bringing us more of what she dropped, but we were waiting until half way through our food to get it, which really should have been brought out to us striaght away..

The tables are too small also for how they are serving the food, The food comes out on pices of wood, fancy wood. And you get your plate. There were two of us and with the two boards in the middle of the table, the big candle thingy they have on the table, glass of wine. You are left with like a tiny corner to use for your plate to eat.. Just isnt comfortable...ahhh i feel better now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,150 ✭✭✭✭Malari

Milly33 wrote: »

Totally agree with this! They had 3 of us seated at a table that size, and it was ridiculously small. Even for two it would have been uncomfortable with the assortment of stuff they have on the table and especially when it's a tapas bar - people will be ordering several plates and they have nowhere to put anything!

sorry about the double posts it keeps doing it, tis boards not me.. Yeah very annoying to try and eat. Even we rearranged everything and both of us just managed to squeese the plate in the corner of the table but it wasnt comfortable or the way it should be. We were considering ordering something else but sure wed have to put it in our laps

Milly33 wrote: »
    sorry about the double posts it keeps doing it, tis boards not me.. Yeah very annoying to try and eat. Even we rearranged everything and both of us just managed to squeese the plate in the corner of the table but it wasnt comfortable or the way it should be. We were considering ordering something else but sure wed have to put it in our laps

Yeah, they need a simpler arrangement. Go around regularly refilling water glasses for people who want water instead of leaving a load of unused glasses and a huge jug on the table, for example.

If you click "post reply" instead of "quick reply" it doesn't seem to do the double post, by the way.

thank you for the tip off was getting annoying the double post

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭Andso

I was a big fan of Electic but it certainly went way down and we stopped going. Went during the holidays and was thrilled again by both food and service. Myself and husband with our 3 kids cleaned our plates. We did ask for fish of the day for kids but they apologised that they couldn't supply due to flooding and no deliveries of fresh fish . Loads of mash on kids plate, only veg was broccoli , thank god our kids love it but overall it was gorgeous. Will definitely go back gain

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Went to Up Down recently when back home. Very pleasantly surprised with the prices (all mains between €10 - €16). All the main courses are grilled meats - our table got sirloin, lamb skewers, pork and duck breast. Great desserts too

The next day, we grabbed a quick lunch on Iyers before heading back to Dublin. Had the peanut tikki chaat followed by an onion dosa. Absolutely delicious.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 schofferhofer

Great...that's good to know. recently got a living social voucher for UpDown will b going there in a couple of days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

It appears that Wild West Wings is gone. it is is its is no surpise, but a bit of a pity. They had a good idea but what exceptionnaly badly executed.

Last time we were there it was like McDonalds the food was out so fast and the orders were wrong as well. Add to that the had the radio playing in the background. Which is just about barely acceptable if it were music, but it was newstalk I think. No liquor license didnt help either.

As i said, pity but you wont succeed if you are as bush league as they appeared to be.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

gimmick wrote: »
    It appears that Wild West Wings is gone. it is is its is no surpise, but a bit of a pity. They had a good idea but what exceptionnaly badly executed.

Last time we were there it was like McDonalds the food was out so fast and the orders were wrong as well. Add to that the had the radio playing in the background. Which is just about barely acceptable if it were music, but it was newstalk I think. No liquor license didnt help either.

As i said, pity but you wont succeed if you are as bush league as they appeared to be.

No surprise. Tried to get lunch there twice, and both times, even though the door was open, and we were within their posted opening hours, the staff told us they were closed. No mention of 'come back in ten minutes', or 'sorry our opening hours on the door are wrong', just basically a Fup Off.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,021 ✭✭✭whatever76

Cork entries from the McKenna Guide Top 100 restaurants of 2016.

L'Attitude 51, Union Quay
    Ballymaloe, Shannagarry
    The Black Pig,Kinsale
    Cafe Paradiso, Lancaster Quay
    Diva, Ballinspittle
    Deasys, Ring
    Elbow Lane, Oliver Plunkett Street
    Farmgate, English Market
    Fishy Fishy, Kinsale
    The Food Depot, Courtmacsharry
    Glebe Gardens, Baltimore
    Iyers, Popes Quay
    Mannings Emporium, Ballylicky
    Miyazaki, Evergreen Street
    Pilgrims, Rosscarbery
    Sage, Midleton.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,021 ✭✭✭whatever76

Cork entries from the McKenna Guide Top 100 restaurants of 2016.

L'Attitude 51, Union Quay
    Ballymaloe, Shannagarry
    The Black Pig,Kinsale
    Cafe Paradiso, Lancaster Quay
    Diva, Ballinspittle
    Deasys, Ring
    Elbow Lane, Oliver Plunkett Street
    Farmgate, English Market
    Fishy Fishy, Kinsale
    The Food Depot, Courtmacsharry
    Glebe Gardens, Baltimore
    Iyers, Popes Quay
    Mannings Emporium, Ballylicky
    Miyazaki, Evergreen Street
    Pilgrims, Rosscarbery
    Sage, Midleton.

• Advertisement

Glebe gardens jes they seem to be a bit of a diaster place cant believe they go in

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,482 ✭✭✭Curb Your Enthusiasm

Still open according to their fb page. https://www.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=340571576067240&substory_index=0&id=274723122652086

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭sozbox

Went there once, walked in, no seats downstairs so staff told us to go upstairs and we did and sat down.

30 mins pass, no sign of anyone taking an order or saying a word so we get up and leave. On the way out the staff thank us for visiting. Bizarre isn't the word.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭Cool_CM

I went in there a few weeks ago during lunch and was there on my own, they had really cut back on the menu. The guy inside there was listening to some local radio station from Texas, it was pretty comical! Chilli was pretty good, albeit not as spicy as I remember it. Every time I have walked past since the lights are off, pity if it's closed.

Edit: Looks like they may have just been doing up the kitchen, according to their Facebook. They are back with an 'all you can eat' wings night! They haven't seen how many I can eat, so they may find themselves out of business yet :D

There's a (relatively) new meatball place down French Church Street, they do a pretty good lunch deal. Anybody else tried it?

• Registered Users Posts: 650 ✭✭✭spiderdan

Tried the meatballs place a while back myself n other half were not impressed at all. Overly complicated menu, both our dishes were very bland and unexciting. Found the woman owner to be pretty rude also, male owner was much nicer and friendlier. It might have improved over time but I wouldn't hold my breath we won't be going back. That wings place is a complete joke, it's like it's been run by transition year students. Farcical. East falafel is very good tried one the other day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,284 ✭✭✭✭rob316

spiderdan wrote: »
    Tried the meatballs place a while back myself n other half were not impressed at all. Overly complicated menu, both our dishes were very bland and unexciting. Found the woman owner to be pretty rude also, male owner was much nicer and friendlier. It might have improved over time but I wouldn't hold my breath we won't be going back. That wings place is a complete joke, it's like it's been run by transition year students. Farcical. East falafel is very good tried one the other day.

Whatever about anything else, I don't see how its complicated at all. You pick your ball, sauce and side.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 schofferhofer

I was in the Meatball's place last month for lunch and actually thought that it was one of the best places in Cork as value for money. The food was good, portion size was good enough and menu is simple to order.

I spotted the Ivory Towers has a very funny and tasty looking menu on for Valentines day if anyone is looking.

valentines menu, friday, saturday and sunday 2016
    50 euro

fizzy and suprise taste

foreplay
    fricassee of smoked tongue, ladyfingers and gentlemans relish
    carpaccio of scallop, white asparagus and blood orange
    duet of asparagi tempura, white truffle spume

hot and heavy
    oyster sausage, melon fanny and sea urchins
    woodcock boudin, forrest julienne, ginny jus
    chille pepper stuffed with goats gouda, pine nuts and pommedori,
    papaya salad and guavamole

deep love
    hung venison with spiced chocolate and chipotle sauce
    risotto of octopussy and lobster a la don juan
    hearts of artichoke, persian tajin, pommegranite harissa
    pheasant with morel nantua sauce, truffled gnocchi

sweet explosives
    passion and cherry sabayon tart, pommegranite ice
    aphrodisiac of exotic fruits, and its sorbet
    hot chocolate, orange and chille lava cake with spice ice cream

for my passionate valentines menu, we have sittings at 6 pm and 8:30 pm on saturday 13 and sunday 14 february and an 8 course erotic tasting menu at 8:30 fri and sat and sunday for 70 euro and with wine pairing 35 euro….threesomes and moresomes welcome too!

I spotted the Ivory Towers has a very funny and tasty looking menu on for Valentines day if anyone is looking.

valentines menu, friday, saturday and sunday 2016
    50 euro

fizzy and suprise taste

foreplay
    fricassee of smoked tongue, ladyfingers and gentlemans relish
    carpaccio of scallop, white asparagus and blood orange
    duet of asparagi tempura, white truffle spume

hot and heavy
    oyster sausage, melon fanny and sea urchins
    woodcock boudin, forrest julienne, ginny jus
    chille pepper stuffed with goats gouda, pine nuts and pommedori,
    papaya salad and guavamole

deep love
    hung venison with spiced chocolate and chipotle sauce
    risotto of octopussy and lobster a la don juan
    hearts of artichoke, persian tajin, pommegranite harissa
    pheasant with morel nantua sauce, truffled gnocchi

sweet explosives
    passion and cherry sabayon tart, pommegranite ice
    aphrodisiac of exotic fruits, and its sorbet
    hot chocolate, orange and chille lava cake with spice ice cream

for my passionate valentines menu, we have sittings at 6 pm and 8:30 pm on saturday 13 and sunday 14 february and an 8 course erotic tasting menu at 8:30 fri and sat and sunday for 70 euro and with wine pairing 35 euro….threesomes and moresomes welcome too!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

Never had nothing but excellent meals and fantastic service at the Meatball Place, and I've been there several times. The menu is possibly the most uncomplicated menu I've ever seen.

It isn't gourmet fine dining but it's well executed, wholesome comfort food made from high quality ingredients at very good prices.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭Nonoperational

Must try it soon. Been meaning to for a while.

Tried The Brook Inn in glanmire recently.

Huge portions of tasty food. It's modern, clean. Good for groups. A little bit souless maybe. Bottle of white wine was warm, but everything else was right. early bird was 2 courses 22 euro i think? And is all day & night midweek.

• Registered Users Posts: 650 ✭✭✭spiderdan

WhiteRoses wrote: »
    Never had nothing but excellent meals and fantastic service at the Meatball Place, and I've been there several times. The menu is possibly the most uncomplicated menu I've ever seen.

It isn't gourmet fine dining but it's well executed, wholesome comfort food made from high quality ingredients at very good prices.

It's obviously not rocket science to order, I asked the waiter to give his recommendation for the 'blanket' and 'bed' to go with my meatball as there are a good few options, what he recommended didn't go at all. We both had a very disappointing meal. The menu was a small issue. Our main problem was the poor food and the owner having a miserable head on her. Shame huguenot is gone I really liked it. The Meatball Place is bog standard, I'm sure it will thrive in Cork.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

It's obviously not rocket science to order, I asked the waiter to give his recommendation for the 'blanket' and 'bed' to go with my meatball as there are a good few options, what he recommended didn't go at all. We both had a very disappointing meal. The menu was a small issue. Our main problem was the poor food and the owner having a miserable head on her. Shame huguenot is gone I really liked it. The Meatball Place is bog standard, I'm sure it will thrive in Cork.

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭byronbay2

Miao!!

• Advertisement

Recently got take out from Comix up by Smyths on the Kinsale Road and I must say it is loverly. Have gotten three or fours times now

We have tried a few things on the menu and they never disappoint, we have yet to eat there but we shall one day.

For now take away is good, it can normally do with a little warming up by the time it gets to you but you can forgive and sometimes they do not deliver you must pick up. For good decant flavoursome food it is great.

The pierogis are yummie more the meat ones, not a mad fan of the mushroom ones.
    Lasagne very tasty a little different to the typical lasagne a little more herby but tasty
    Carbonara pasts very tasty

Ttried the chicken and mash dishes just as something different and I was greatly surprised. The mash was mash not laced in salt or slop it was tasty mash. Came with a lovely fresh salad too...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

Was in the Spice Inn last night had a living social deal that i had to use up for there never again would i go back the food was shocking and the service was even worse.

Part of the deal was that you had to ring ahead and book that you where coming in witch i made sure i did and as i have no printer the app and the T and C said you just need to show the app to the place.

So went in there we set down waited 10 mins for the menus and told the waiter about the deal and showed him the code and he said no you cant use it as you did not book i did and told him have a look at your book and he said notting there showed up that i did call him on my phone he went into the back and then came out and said ok but he cant take the deal so for about 5 mins i had to tell him i am going by your T and C and this is what it says and it was very embersaion for me.

Then the food where do i start i had the mixed meat starter it was 4 little pices of chicken and one lamb sausage on a plate that was it. We left our dirty knife and fork on the side places the waiter took them off the plate and put them on our napkin to be used again thats very dirty and in my old job as a waiter i would never do that always fresh knife and fork.

Main i got a Madras had about 4 pices of chicken in and basically came in a little cup wile the other person i was with she got chicken Barrini and the rice was spicy and never in my life i have had a spicy one with out putting the curry over it. She asked for no veg and they still put it in for her.

Then the cake my god it was about as big as your finger. I wish i was joking the voucher was post to be for 52 euros worth of food for 26 euros and being honest the food was worth about 10 euros at best and they need to learn some mannors. I thought i was treated like i was 2nd class because i used the deal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,284 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Just had a bit of lunch in De Calf Café in the Cornmarket St. Centre. Really good quality sandwich - thick crusty brown bread, chicken, caramelized onion, chunky apple slaw and honey mayo with a nice size side of broccoli and feta salad. Delicious and great value for €5.50, will definitely go back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,852 ✭✭✭ncmc

rob316 wrote: »
    Just had a bit of lunch in De Calf Café in the Cornmarket St. Centre. Really good quality sandwich - thick crusty brown bread, chicken, caramelized onion, chunky apple slaw and honey mayo with a nice size side of broccoli and feta salad. Delicious and great value for €5.50, will definitely go back.
    One of my favourite lunch places in Cork, lovely sandwiches and cake. And they are so lovely in there!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

Well there's a big difference between the menu being complicated, which is what you said, and you not liking the recommendation of the owner, which is what you meant.

Not enjoying a recommended dish is fair enough although I don't see how it's their fault. They obviously wouldn't have recommended it unless they thought you'd enjoy it. Trial and error, etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 992 ✭✭✭kcb

Was in the Spice Inn last night had a living social deal that i had to use up for there never again would i go back the food was shocking and the service was even worse.

That's the place on North Main St.? It's had about 5 different names over the last few years but each version seems to be crap. Cheers for the review - good to know to avoid still.

Amazing that these places carry on like this and that they survive at all.

The Meatball place sounds like a good spot. They've the right attitude,keeping prices down and things simple.

kcb wrote: »
    That's the place on North Main St.? It's had about 5 different names over the last few years but each version seems to be crap. Cheers for the review - good to know to avoid still.

Amazing that these places carry on like this and that they survive at all.

The Meatball place sounds like a good spot. They've the right attitude,keeping prices down and things simple.

Yap thats the place only new to cork in the last few months so no idea that many places have opened and closed there ha ha. Ya Avoid it at all costs. One thing i miss about waterford is that the Indians down there are fantastic.

I might try the meatball place some night with herself as how bad can it be ? ha ha

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,971 ✭✭✭✭peekachoo

The Strasbourg Goose has probably been mentioned here time and time again but I think it deserves another!
    Headed there last night for a pre-Valentines meal as we're working the weekend so can't do much.
    €23 each for a three course meal before 7pm was unbelievable value considering the quality of the food.

I got breaded goats cheese with apricot chutney which was absolutely divine with a nice touch of a side salad and himself got a b+w clonakilty pudding salad which he loved too.
    Mains he got the rib eye steak with potato gratin, carmelised onions and some other sides I can't fully remember, and I got the monkfish (both were daily specials), and Baileys cheesecake on both sides for dessert.

Staff were lovely and accommodating too and the restaurant itself is lovely and cosy with really nice decor. Two three course meals and two glasses of wine for €50 was fantastic value and I will be returning again and again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭H8GHOTI

Yap thats the place only new to cork in the last few months so no idea that many places have opened and closed there ha ha. Ya Avoid it at all costs. One thing i miss about waterford is that the Indians down there are fantastic.

I might try the meatball place some night with herself as how bad can it be ? ha ha

The Raj in Kerry Pike is meant to be really good. Not a massive fan of Indian food myself but have only heard good things about the place.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 992 ✭✭✭kcb

Yap thats the place only new to cork in the last few months so no idea that many places have opened and closed there ha ha. Ya Avoid it at all costs. One thing i miss about waterford is that the Indians down there are fantastic

Plenty of decent Indian restaurants in Cork... You chose the worst unfortunately!

Raj Gaylord
    Haveli
    Iyers
    Indian Palace (on Marlboro st - I think that's the name)

kcb wrote: »
    Plenty of decent Indian restaurants in Cork... You chose the worst unfortunately!

Raj Gaylord
    Haveli
    Iyers
    Indian Palace (on Marlboro st - I think that's the name)

Are these all in the City Centre as if there not its next to imposable to get to them as both of us don't drive ha ha.

Like where would be the best for a good proper curry based Madrass that has a bit of spice to it and good nam bread ?.

As i used to go to one when i lived in waterford called Little India it used to be 5 min walk from me it was fantastic. I got to know the owner very well and got huge currys when i went. The chef/owner on a quite day done the tables and the cooking shows he cares about his business a lot as my father in his place does the same does not stay inside all the time and mixes with everyone when he is done and dusted with the cooking

Went to White Rabbit last night and must say it was quite enjoyable well bar for the loud ladies and anoter table.. jes when did people get so loud..... We could hear them perfectly and they were far enought away that we should not have.

Anywho the food yep basic but quite tasty.. I will say i was a littl dissapointed that is isnt bbq as in cooked on a bbq but still tis very good for €10 a lot of meat.. Sides are huge so you really do get a lot of food for €10...

The staff are lovely in there a real credit to the place which is loverly to see. They were very busy but the manager was on the ball... The fastes delivey of a drinks order i have ever seen...

Would defo recommend for a casual place to eat...

Went to The Meatball Place with the family today.

Very tasty food, simple menu but delicious.

I had the beef meatballs with mushroom diane sauce and the parmesan fries.

€10 for meatballs, side and a portion of profiteroles. Unreal value for money.

100% recommended.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

Techmaster wrote: »
    Went to The Meatball Place with the family today.

Very tasty food, simple menu but delicious.

I had the beef meatballs with mushroom diane sauce and the parmesan fries.

€10 for meatballs, side and a portion of profiteroles. Unreal value for money.

100% recommended.
    Its so hard to find a "Family" place that isnt crap food for the kids,looking forward to trying it now and prices sound good too.

Colser wrote: »
    Its so hard to find a "Family" place that isnt crap food for the kids,looking forward to trying it now and prices sound good too.

Yep. Even for Valentine's Day, loads of families in there today when we were in. Very nice indeed.

• Advertisement

Colser wrote: »

By "family" place, what do you mean? I'd consider every place during the day to be family-friendly. I've brought my children to loads of places around Cork over the past 5 years, and I have to say I have yet to find a place that's crap for kids. My children love colouring and games they have for them in Market Lane and Blackrock Castle, the lovely outdoor area with cushions in the River Lee hotel.

Every place we've gone, from Gino's for pizza and Icecream, or wagamama's for some noodles, to Hayfield Manor for a formal thing (the bunnies outside were very popular!), and everywhere in between... if it's decent enough for grown-ups, it's been similar for the children.

Unless you're talking McDonalds or pubs?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,346 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

While we're on the topic, is there any restaurant that dont allow kids in?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭flangemeistro

While we're on the topic, is there any restaurant that dont allow kids in?

Not necessarily kids but as far as I can remember The Strasbourg Goose don't allow prams.

I know it's to do with the place being small but they don't even give you the option to fold it which looses them a huge demographic when you see the amount of prams being pushed around the city.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,346 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Not necessarily kids but as far as I can remember The Strasbourg Goose don't allow prams.

I know it's to do with the place being small but they don't even give you the option to fold it which looses them a huge demographic when you see the amount of prams being pushed around the city.

Ah that's great, didn't realize they did that.

There must be many restaurants that are very tight on space like that - Orso, Elbow Lane, etc.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement