Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PayPal - Unusual e-mail

Options
  • 20-06-2015 3:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 39

I just looked in my outlook inbox today and noticed a strange e-mail that was sent five days ago. I will try to get a image of it put up later.

Content of e-mail:

||| We detected something unusual about a recent sign-in to your account To help keep you safe, we required an extra security challenge.

Date and Time : 15 June 2015, 3:49

Browser : Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10_9_3) AppleWebKit/537.75.14 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.0.3 Safari/7046A194A

Operation System : Mac OS X 10.9.3

We need you to verify your identity for further use of your account. |||

||| 'Verify Now' button |||

This is the senders e-mail address : noeplay[@]noeplayhelpps.onmicrosoft.com

I have never logged on any Mac computer/laptop, nor own any. I have also sent this to PayPal and awaiting a reply.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Well obviously its a scam, paypal never include a verify your ID type link.

If in doubt just go to paypal and check your account settings, notifications

• Registered Users Posts: 4,063 ✭✭✭Miaireland

Scam email. Delete. Do not click on the link whatever you do and if you have change your paypal password

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,585 ✭✭✭jca

I got a spate of them last year I just forward them to spoof@paypal.com and delete the email afterwards.

Advertisement