Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can't Access Google Remote Desktop On Work PC

Options
  • 19-06-2015 10:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,614 ✭✭✭

Hi All

I'm trying to get Google remote desktop working on my work PC so I can access from home or on the go.
    I keep getting error "Unable to reach host. this is probably due to the configuration of the network you are using".
    I have spoke to our internal I.T. dept and they can't fix.
    We recently got a new firewall which blocks, gaming, torrent sites, etc. Our external providers Qualcom want to charge to look into the problem and the company won't pay for it.
    I was wondering if any tech guys out there might know how to resolve it.
    I have read online something to do with opening the ports on firewall but I don't have a clue :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭Ant695

Most likely it would require permissions to be granted as you say opening ports on the firewall but this would have to be done by the person/people with control over network security so should be your I.T. Dept. They may be unwilling to though due to security risks involved in opening a connection to the outside world. Unlikely to be something you have sufficient access to do yourself.

Advertisement