Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electromagnetic radiation exposure from underground cables can be 5x as high

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 6,376 Mod ✭✭✭✭Macha

Oldtree wrote: »
    I would agree 100% that we need more national sustainability regarding power, the same goes for our food +90%+ imported) and yes it is how we go about it. But setting this thing up under the pretence of national security when the aim is to export the power for profit (as mentioned earlier), kinda sticks in the craw.

Agreed. One of the things I like best about renewables is the fact that anyone can own a solar panel. Renewables are the perfect chance to take power (literally) back from large companies, which is exactly what's happening in Germany (which is why the German utilities don't like it).

• Registered Users Posts: 8,104 ✭✭✭Oldtree

Macha wrote: »
    Agreed. One of the things I like best about renewables is the fact that anyone can own a solar panel. Renewables are the perfect chance to take power (literally) back from large companies, which is exactly what's happening in Germany (which is why the German utilities don't like it).

They do not like it here either before it even gets going, a simple write down of units produced against units used would seem to be the easiest thing to do or even a reasonable rate for the produced units, but no.:rolleyes: Relations in th uk have a photovoltaic set up with an agreement (as I understood it, there isa standing agreement to be paid for 50% of the installed capacity, but I may be wrong, nor do I know if this is a good agreement, but the relations are happy with it and the overall repayment time)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭fclauson

Macha wrote: »

Its not juts the utilities - why should every unit you purchase in Germany have a "green" tariff if 6c plus

Advertisement