Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Its Jimmy Tarbuck's turn today

Options
  • 07-05-2013 1:11am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭

Jimmy Tarbuck arrested in child abuse inquiry

_67444224_rc68jj9s.jpg The complaint relates to an alleged incident in the late 1970s

Comedian Jimmy Tarbuck has been arrested in connection with a historical child sex abuse investigation, the BBC understands.

North Yorkshire Police confirmed that a 73-year-old man was arrested in Kingston upon Thames on 26 April.

The entertainer and quiz show host was released on police bail pending further enquiries.

He was questioned about an alleged assault on a young boy in the late 1970s.

North Yorkshire Police says Mr Tarbuck's arrest came after information was passed on by Metropolitan Police officers working on Operation Yewtree.

The force stressed that this arrest "is not part of Yewtree, but a separate investigation" by North Yorkshire Police.

Operation Yewtree was set up following the death of Jimmy Savile in 2011, when hundreds of sex abuse allegations came to light about the former DJ.

Link from the BBC

And a link from the 'official' newspaper of After Hours

I wonder who's next.

I reckon Paddy Powers would love to open a book on it and take bets.

If only the subject matter wasn't so serious.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,955 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

I'm starting to wonder if it was prerequisite for mainstream media success pre 1990.

I don't know who this latest guy is, but I'm starting to think it's never going to end.

Were times really that different then that people - not just clergy - felt they could abuse with impunity and without consequence?

Mind boggling.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 698 ✭✭✭belcampprisoner

he cant be gay hes married to Pauline

Jimmy and Pauline married when they were 17

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,030 ✭✭✭✭Chuck Stone

Holy shit! Where's it going to stop?

Basil Brush?

Zippy?

BUNGLE? :eek:

Sooty and sweep !!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,109 ✭✭✭Cavehill Red

I'm still waiting for a single politician to be arrested.
    I have no doubt whatsoever that, if this so-called 'culture' of abusing young women and boys was indeed rampant in the Seventies (and it was), then it was not only clerics and entertainers who abused the status of power and influence, but politicians too.

Holy shit! Where's it going to stop?

Basil Brush?

Zippy?

BUNGLE? :eek:

We did all suspect something funny was going on with Bosco and Barney...but did anyone act, no. :(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 698 ✭✭✭belcampprisoner

I have no doubt whatsoever that, if this so-called 'culture' of abusing young women and boys was indeed rampant in the Seventies (and it was), then it was not only clerics and entertainers who abused the status of power and influence, but politicians too.

Politicians...doctors, parents,teachers. anyone who wielded any small power or influence over a young person and who also had the opportunity and inclination.

It's a horrible thought but is what's happening now among media stars just a reflection of abuse tendencies among society as a whole?
    It just doesn't make sense that it would be prolific among one or two professions alone.Of course not every sector would've had the great influence to exert and sense of impunity because they were famous/respected, but did the same proportion of ordinary people still have the tendency or desire toward it if the opportunity was there?

That thought just gives me the shivers.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭chasm

Was only chatting about this the other day after reading this article in the Mirror
    http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/jimmy-savile-police-ageing-comedy-1857806. Why they black out the picture is a mystery to me when i guessed who it was straight away, from the article and the image as did many others i'm sure!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,871 ✭✭✭skimpydoo

Key words - "it's claimed". I'm looking forward to "were arrested and charged."
    Well they were not arrested and charged just as Jimmy Saville etc were not arrested and charged. Also as some of them are dead they can't be. I do think they used their power to cover their tracks just like the church did here.

30 years ago people thought you could trust your local priest and bank manager, would you trust them today?.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,109 ✭✭✭Cavehill Red

I recall some teachers in school that dark rumours attached to. It was a good school, so such teachers didn't generally stay more than a year or two.
    Yes, I accept that those with any power and access to children may have been able to abuse with greater impugnity in those days.
    What I'm driving at is that it seems we are now in an era of relative openness where victims feel capable of accusing their persecutors from those days. And yet, of all those accused, charged or convicted, where are the politician abusers, those who had the greatest power of all?
    Are we to believe that politicians alone were of higher moral probity? Or are the dark rumours gathering on the internet, attached to places like Kincora boys home and dead politicians like Cyril Smith, only the tip of the iceberg?
    I'm inclined to think the latter, but I think politicians will be the very last caste of people to be convicted for this sort of crime. I'd go further and say that only when they're banging up former cabinet ministers and senior politicians for sexual abuse committed in the past will I truly believe we have exorcised this cancer out of society for good.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3 Chrome Crusader

Jimmy Tarbrush? Scouser with bad teeth?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,075 ✭✭✭Wattle

One by one my hero's fall :( They'll be going after Cheggers next.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,786 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

Unbelievable news.

I never would have guessed it.

He was a comedian?

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭Freddy Smelly

I'm starting to wonder if it was prerequisite for mainstream media success pre 1990.

lol it seems pre 1990 you had to be a pedofile to get on tv
    post 1990 you have to be gay to get a job on tv

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Rumours circulating about Bosco

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,298 ✭✭✭Duggys Housemate

In the UK - definitely.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

Have you forgotten the Hamilton case?

And only last week, Nigel Evans, the deputy speaker of the House of Commons has stood aside amid allegations of sexual assault and rape made against him.

Calling for the arrest of politicians (or anyone else) simply because they may not be popular is a dangerous means of baying for blood considering the precident of false allegations made in the past.

The police have to thread carefully as further wrongful arrests of innocent people will jepordise any investigations into cases that may be genuine.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭fergiesfolly

That's three men, named and unnamed that have been defamed without any proof against them in this thread. These are serious crimes we're talking about. I know this is ah but making light of it and tarnishing the names of men who havn't been accused of anything is just wrong
    .Are there any mods watching this at all?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭Arpa

Rolf Harris has been formally arrested too? I find that a bit suspect. Not saying you can judge someone completely by their persona, but he seems unlikely...he just seems to much of a soft eejit to be involved...but I guess you can never tell.

They should stop milking this and drawing it out...a new celebrity every week. It's becoming like a soap opera all on it's own and that's not how a case like this should be handled. Just round them all up in one go, stop making a drama out of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,143 ✭✭✭D-FENS

Bloody Tarby…..can’t wait to hear what Roger Mellie makes of this

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭the_monkey

My God, David Icke was right .... he was saying there would be LOTS MORE when Saville was found out ...

I don't like it when lunatics like him are proved right, sadly this is the case lately, Alex Jones has been spot on lately.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,298 ✭✭✭Duggys Housemate

That's three men, named and unnamed that have been defamed without any proof against them in this thread. These are serious crimes we're talking about. I know this is ah but making light of it and tarnishing the names of men who havn't been accused of anything is just wrong

Report the posts. I did. This is serious for boards too.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Report the posts. I did. This is serious for boards too.

The Irish Sea protects us from the British lawyers

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

As said above, report the posts.

For everyone else, DO NOT MAKE ACCUSATIONS AGAINST PEOPLE! It's common bloody sense.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

Number of posts removed.
    Cut out the speculation please. It's only going to land us in crap.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 240 ✭✭The Barefoot Pizza Thief

the_monkey wrote: »
    I don't like it when lunatics like him are proved right, sadly this is the case lately, Alex Jones has been spot on lately.
    Even a stopped clock..

• Registered Users Posts: 560 ✭✭✭fortwilliam

Jimmy Tarbuck is due to be on a TV show about the 60's at 3:15 today on BBC called "Rewind the sixties"
    The description is; Jimmy Tarbuck joins Lulu to chat about his time as a Butlins Redcoat.

I predict some hasty rescheduelling

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

Jimmy Tarbuck is due to be on a TV show about the 60's at 3:15 today on BBC called "Rewind the sixties"
    The description is; Jimmy Tarbuck joins Lulu to chat about his time as a Butlins Redcoat.

I predict some hasty rescheduelling

With all these celebrity kiddie fiddlers, they're running out of programs to show in its stead though

Advertisement