Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Clare GAA discussion thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,117 ✭✭✭windy shepard henderson

Boots234 wrote: »
    It will be the first football final since 1898 not to have a team west of Ennis in it!

yeah and which is no bad thing to see either , i am sure you will hear mutterings from a few auld lads back west complaining about how bad it is for clare football when a south east clare and an ennis team make up the final , but from what i can see in west clare in the emergence of cratloe is they have raised both the profile and the standard of football within the county , clubs like kilkee and doonbeg dont have very much coming through and could have to join up together in years to come, k.i.b are heading into transition mode , so it leaves the door open for new teams to emerge

who would have taught 10 years ago that the likes of ballyea, clonlara and cratloe along with crusheen would have as much of a say on the set up and make up of clare hurling, and personaly i think a similar change will happen over the next number of years in football , with a few new amalgamations popping up along with the reamergeance of the likes of miltown and cooraclare who have proved lately that they are probabaly not too far off cratloe or eire og's radar

Anyone know the score in the naomh eoin game..

0-18 to 2-09 in favor of naomh eoin

the fixture for corofin v wolf tones will be set tomorow night fro the I.F.C final replay

remaining club fixtures

Sunday 5 October SHC Final

cratloe v crusheen

sunday 12th of October SFC Final

cratloe v eire og

sunday 26th of October munster SHC 1/4 final

cratloe/crusheen v ballygunner/mount sion

sunday 16 of november munster SFC semi final

cratloe/eire og v limerick/waterford winner

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,541 ✭✭✭Limestone Cowboy

Paddy Vaughans red card rescinded for Crusheen! Should make for a good game now.

Paddy Vaughans red card rescinded for Crusheen! Should make for a good game now.

i didnt see the incident against clonlara that got him sent off , so i dont know how harsh/fair the red card was on paddy , but there is no doubt he will be a huge addition to them sunday. on a normal days hurling vaughan is worth several points to crusheen , if they can put in a defensive display similar to the clonlara game they will get very close to cratloe , since coming second in the group to cratloe , crusheen have came through the toughest side of the draw beating favourites clonlara , and last years finalists newmarket , on that fourm i would nearly make the favourites , it will be interesting to see how cratloe will proform after two or 3 tough battles over the last few weeks in both codes

the game is also live on tg4 on sunday at 3 o'clock

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭Boots234

Any update on when the replay for the intermediate football final is on? The best time to have it would be before the senior final

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭Gael85

Any update on when the replay for the intermediate football final is on? The best time to have it would be before the senior final

The junior final between Naomh Eoin and Coolmeen is on before senior final.

saterday week in miltown according to the clare champion, bit of a trek for tones to be making , junior final is going to be the curtain raiser to the senior final

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 395 ✭✭Carazy

saterday week in miltown according to the clare champion, bit of a trek for tones to be making , junior final is going to be the curtain raiser to the senior final

Miltown??
    Chairman had the final call in that idiotic venue I presume

Carazy wrote: »
    Miltown??
    Chairman had the final call in that idiotic venue I presume

it seems that way ? it could be changed again dont know why it was'nt part of the county final curtain raiser bringing naomh eoin over to ennis is just as bad for the junior final some parts of there parrish are over 50 miles away form ennis

i assume it was at the request of one of the clubs to play saterday evening , the likelihood is that they will need floodlights so gurteen is probably too small to cope with the crowds , that leaves kilmihil , cooraclare lissycaesy other then miltown to cope with the crowds and facilities the first 3 venues would probably be too far out of bounds for both teams plus as you say malty had something to do with it no doubt

• Advertisement

county hurling final day in the park cratloe v crusheen .... what do people think? , i will stick my head out and say cratloe by one or two points

eire og will play the mills in the curtain raiser for the senior b title at 1:15

for anyone that dose'nt know by now the main event is live on tg4 from 3 o'clock

clare fm comentary here http://www.live-radio.net/SearchResults.php3?OSt=Li&St=&OFee=Any&OCnt=Li&Cnt=&OPag=10&OSta=Li&Sta=&OCit=Li&Cit=county+clare&OGen=Li&Genre=

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭Mountainlad

county hurling final day in the park cratloe v crusheen .... what do people think? , i will stick my head out and say cratloe by one or two points

eire og will play the mills in the curtain raiser for the senior b title at 1:15

for anyone that dose'nt know by now the main event is live on tg4 from 3 o'clock

clare fm comentary here http://www.live-radio.net/SearchResults.php3?OSt=Li&St=&OFee=Any&OCnt=Li&Cnt=&OPag=10&OSta=Li&Sta=&OCit=Li&Cit=county+clare&OGen=Li&Genre=

Do you know can you stream the games?

Do you know can you stream the games?

i am nearly 100% sure that tg4 player is world wide and not geo blocked like the rte player

http://www.tg4.tv/index.html?l=en

i am nearly 100% sure that tg4 player is world wide and not geo blocked like the rte player

http://www.tg4.tv/index.html?l=en

Even in Limerick? :eek::P

I watched the Munster club final in 2009 on it before, but it was more were they actually streaming the club finals today I was wondering? Thanks windy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

Eire og win the senior b hurling . Beat the mills 4 16 to 4 9.

Hon the townies!! :) hopefully the star of a double for us although I wouldn't mind cratloe doing the double sticking two fingers to Davy and his dual players :)

Senior b game seemed to go well so conditions for the senior final should be ok. Expect a close battle for large periods but expect cratloes superior fire power to come through in the end.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 24,005 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Strong rumours going around that Tony Kelly is taking a year out and going travelling for a while. Players meeting planed for next Friday night

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,457 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

Very poor second half so far in the county final. I can see someone getting sent off.

Very poor second half so far in the county final. I can see someone getting sent off.

I think the referee forgot his red card.Letting a lot go.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,804 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

Dreadful county final. I nearly left with 5 mins gone in the second half but Crusheen woke up for a brief spell, very brief! Hopefully Cratloe can go on and do the double. It would be a great achievement

• Registered Users Posts: 3,148 ✭✭✭letowski

Yeah twas a bad game, more or less brought about by Crusheen's substandard skill levels. I know they are a side known more for their battling qualities, but their touch and striking was so bad, you'd swear they were doing nothing but beating tyres in training over the last few weeks.

Fair play to Cratloe, and good luck to them with their double aspirations. They have alot of quality up front and could give Munster a go, though it will be hard if they win the football. Wet winter days don't suit their short passing game though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 395 ✭✭Carazy

The quality of the county final match programme today was dreadful. A few years ago the programme used to be very well put together

As for the match, the usual puke hurling from Crusheen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,541 ✭✭✭Limestone Cowboy

Clareman wrote: »
    Strong rumours going around that Tony Kelly is taking a year out and going travelling for a while. Players meeting planed for next Friday night

Fook!! Hopefully Tis just a rumour but who knows with all that's happened. I wouldn't begrudge him the opportunity to travel for a year if he wants though.

letowski wrote: »
    Yeah twas a bad game, more or less brought about by Crusheen's substandard skill levels. I know they are a side known more for their battling qualities, but their touch and striking was so bad, you'd swear they were doing nothing but beating tyres in training over the last few weeks.

Fair play to Cratloe, and good luck to them with their double aspirations. They have alot of quality up front and could give Munster a go, though it will be hard if they win the football. Wet winter days don't suit their short passing game though.

i think in fairness crusheen were very impressive against clonlara the last day , and preformed better again against cratloe in the group stage, had coin vaughan got a proper connection on the one and only goal chance in the first half it could have been a different game

what cratloe showed today is that they have a really strong defense connor ryan was the best player on the pitch by a mile but guys like michael hawes david ryan and sean chaplin were very impressive

cyrill farrell after the game on clare fm was full of praise of them today and reguarded them as the real deal , he strongly tipped them to have a serious craic at munster.

i would agree with him for the moment but i am sure ballygunner will have a say the next day , and N.A.P down in limerick are flying at the moment and will be serious contenders to retaining there title
    Carazy wrote: »
    The quality of the county final match programme today was dreadful. A few years ago the programme used to be very well put together

As for the match, the usual puke hurling from Crusheen.

i am not too sure what to expect from a match day program normaly , but i found todays one nearly covered everything , from players profiles to predictions from the media and under 21 managment , i taught it was fine

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭Royal Legend

Great day, in Navan to see my home club wins the Intermediate football final in Meath, the first half of a possible intermediate Football/hurling double for the parish, and the same can be said for my mothers home club Cratloe, going for the Senior double.

As for Munster, Ballygunner won a poor Waterford Senior final today, would expect Cratloe to be too good for them.

Great day, in Navan to see my home club wins the Intermediate football final in Meath, the first half of a possible intermediate Football/hurling double for the parish, and the same can be said for my mothers home club Cratloe, going for the Senior double.

As for Munster, Ballygunner won a poor Waterford Senior final today, would expect Cratloe to be too good for them.

fair play hope the double comes off for ye,

today in my opinion was the real test to cratloe's double chances , i think they are miles ahead of anyone in the football ranks even eire og, what people seem to forget is cratloe did the double in 2009 when they last won the hurling championship they followed it up shortly afterwards by winning the intermeidate football championship going on to narrowly lose the munster final to kerry side spa , so at this stage with crusheen aside i now expect them to beat the townies next week and complete the job ( although anyone backing my predictions over the summer will probably strongly advise you not to bet on it ;) )

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭Royal Legend

today in my opinion was the real test to cratloe's double chances , i think they are miles ahead of anyone in the football ranks even eire og, what people seem to forget is cratloe did the double in 2009 when they last won the hurling championship they followed it up shortly afterwards by winning the intermeidate football championship going on to narrowly lose the munster final to kerry side spa , so at this stage with crusheen aside i now expect them to beat the townies next week and complete the job ( although anyone backing my predictions over the summer will probably strongly advise you not to bet on it ;) )

Where is the Ballygunner game on. The last time they played the Waterford Champions it was in Walsh Park.

Where is the Ballygunner game on. The last time they played the Waterford Champions it was in Walsh Park.

Was the last time not when Newmarket played De La Salle two or three years ago? That was in Clare.

It's on in Walsh Park anyway.

They were unlucky not to win the munster intermediate football that year against Spa. They beat the Cork champions in the semi final and had the Kerry team under serious pressure for a lot of the game but they got a goal near to end to kill Cratloe off. They should definitely do the double next sunday and they have a great chance to get to the Munster final as they are playing the winners of Waterford v Limerick in the semi final and the Cork and Kerry champs are on the other side of the draw

They were unlucky not to win the munster intermediate football that year against Spa. They beat the Cork champions in the semi final and had the Kerry team under serious pressure for a lot of the game but they got a goal near to end to kill Cratloe off. They should definitely do the double next sunday and they have a great chance to get to the Munster final as they are playing the winners of Waterford v Limerick in the semi final and the Cork and Kerry champs are on the other side of the draw

Very little between Club football teams often in Munster though. Ballinacourty only lost by two points last year wasn't it? Though it was on in Fraher Field I think.

Courty are flying at the minute, think they'll win out Waterford and I can see the hurling and football being a problem for Cratloe in Munster, plus the fact that there will surely be a bit of celebrating done.

They have some smashing hurlers/footballers though. On paper, that was a great forward line they had out today.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭Hidalgo

Draws made tonight for the 2015 intercounty champuonships.

Footballers drew Limerick in Q final with the winners playing Cork.

Huelers also drew Limerick in Q final with the winners facing off against Tipp in the semi. Tough draw.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,148 ✭✭✭letowski

Yeah its a tough one for the hurlers. Limerick will be gunning for revenge against us after the AI semi lasg year. They will have practically the same group again, bar maybe a few of their minors so it will be difficult. The big difference between us is that they are a seasoned team now that has performed consistently well in Munster the last few years, while our form has been, well, a joke (is it 1 win in 5 years?).

Tricky enough for the footballers too, as there us pressure there now to build on their good season this year.

What time is the intermediate football final on at tonight? The Clare GAA website is very helpful as usual with the details down as TBC even though the game is on this evening!

Just saw on Wolfe Tones twitter page that the game was on earlier today, I thought it was on this evening. Good win for the Tones

What time is the intermediate football final on at tonight? The Clare GAA website is very helpful as usual with the details down as TBC even though the game is on this evening!

Just saw on Wolfe Tones twitter page that the game was on earlier today, I thought it was on this evening. Good win for the Tones

yeah it was on at half one today , good game was very close , probably corofin should have won it they missed a penalty and a fair few scoreable frees , a bit like the first day when they failed to put tones away

wolfe tones scored 3 unanswered points in the end to win by 1 a big win for them today , they could have struggled to go back up next year had they not won today, if corofin can improve on this years performances they will go up in the not too distant future

just an edit on that the final score in the intermediate football final

wolft tones 1-10 2-06 corofin

tomorrow times for the junior and senior finals

JFC final
    naomh eoin v coolmeen @ cusack park 13:30

SFC final
    cratloe v eire og @ cusack park 15:30

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭cnoc

yeah it was on at half one today , good game was very close , probably corofin should have won it they missed a penalty and a fair few scoreable frees , a bit like the first day when they failed to put tones away

wolfe tones scored 3 unanswered points in the end to win by 1 a big win for them today , they could have struggled to go back up next year had they not won today, if corofin can improve on this years performances they will go up in the not too distant future

Is it true that Corofin protested to the ref that the game was a draw?[/I]

• Advertisement

cnoc wrote: »
    Is it true that Corofin protested to the ref that the game was a draw?[/I]

yeah there was some protest at the end , it was a little too easy getting out of miltown alright however i didnt know the reason behind the protest , i taught they were complaining about the added time because there was a stoppage on the 30min mark and he only played just over 2 added minuets afterwards

there should have been alot more tie added on , but i didnt think there was an issue with the scoreboard before the full time whistle. corofin do record all there games there manager james murrihy is a big fan of video analysis so i am sure they will have no problem reporting any issues to the county board if there are any

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭square ball

I thought the ref had another bad game. Very inconsistent and let a few off the ball incidents go. One near the end when he seen a Wolfe Tones player blatantly strike a Corofin player and ended up giving both yellows. Few very strange calls as well. He shouldn't have gotten the game after how poor he was in the first game but to be fair it had little influence on the result.

Wolfe Tones probably deserved it slightly more. Even with Corofin's penalty miss and wide's from frees Wolfe Tones had 3 or 4 chances where they could have gone for goal but somehow ended up fisting wide. If they were more clinical they should really have been out of sight. Was disappointed with Wolfe Tones forwards over the two games. Gary Leahy is the only forward they have that you would back to finish chances if he gets them. Corofin were naive at times in their use of the ball but look to have a very young team so I'd imagine they will challenge again next year. Wolfe Tones have an awful lot of work to do if they are to stay senior next year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

Hopefully a good game of football is produced in the pairc today with us townies coming out on top in the end. Expect a pretty decent crowd at the match today also.
    Both teams seem to have very skillful players so hopefully an open game is in store. Just a pity I'm 10000km away :(

Well done to Naomh Eoin on winning Junior Championship.Beat Coolmeen 0-10 to 1-5

I thought the ref had another bad game. Very inconsistent and let a few off the ball incidents go. One near the end when he seen a Wolfe Tones player blatantly strike a Corofin player and ended up giving both yellows. Few very strange calls as well. He shouldn't have gotten the game after how poor he was in the first game but to be fair it had little influence on the result.

Wolfe Tones probably deserved it slightly more. Even with Corofin's penalty miss and wide's from frees Wolfe Tones had 3 or 4 chances where they could have gone for goal but somehow ended up fisting wide. If they were more clinical they should really have been out of sight. Was disappointed with Wolfe Tones forwards over the two games. Gary Leahy is the only forward they have that you would back to finish chances if he gets them. Corofin were naive at times in their use of the ball but look to have a very young team so I'd imagine they will challenge again next year. Wolfe Tones have an awful lot of work to do if they are to stay senior next year.

Do Stephen Monaghan or David Reidy play with Wolfe Tones anymore?Were decent forwards

• Advertisement

cratloe 2-12 - 0-11 eire og

podge man of the match probably his best display all year , in fairness it was probably cratloe's best performance of the championship , eire og fought hard but didnt have the same quality up front today, they are a very young team and they will be back

fair play too to eire og there supporters brought great color and atmosphere to cusack park to day and they had the town decorated all week in advance ,they made the attenndance look bigger then the 7100 anounced

but cratloe have the bar raised in clare and it will be up to every one else to catch them.......in both codes , they will be major contenders now for a munster double in my opinion

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭Fort Stranger

I just uploaded a video on to YouTube with a little song I wrote and recorded with the help of a friend here across the water, it's called "up for the match - Kilkenny hurling song" it's a bit of a giggle, we are not musicians, but hope it gets a few laughs! I wrote it after the drawn game, I could probably put another verse about the replay on now but anyway enjoy and pass it on if you like it!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,087 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

cratloe 2-12 - 0-11 eire og

podge man of the match probably his best display all year , in fairness it was probably cratloe's best performance of the championship , eire og fought hard but didnt have the same quality up front today, they are a very young team and they will be back

fair play too to eire og there supporters brought great color and atmosphere to cusack park to day and they had the town decorated all week in advance ,they made the attenndance look bigger then the 7100 anounced

but cratloe have the bar raised in clare and it will be up to every one else to catch them.......in both codes , they will be major contenders now for a munster double in my opinion

Fantastic achievement alright, they definitely must a decent shout at Munster in both codes, it will take a colossal effort to land one or both but you wouldn't out anything past that group of players with the way they are motoring this year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,337 ✭✭✭keeponhurling

So by my reckoning they have next weekend off, and can regroup to play ballygunner in 2 weeks time in the hurling.

Luckily they have a bye to the semi final of the football, and with cork and Kerry on the other side of the draw, in theory at least it's worked out ideally

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,101 ✭✭✭Rightwing

marco_polo wrote: »
    Fantastic achievement alright, they definitely must a decent shout at Munster in both codes, it will take a colossal effort to land one or both but you wouldn't out anything past that group of players with the way they are motoring this year.

Not a hope of that.

Is it the first time a double has been done in Clare?

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭square ball

Gael85 wrote: »
    Do Stephen Monaghan or David Reidy play with Wolfe Tones anymore?Were decent forwards

No. Think Reidy had to retire due to injury. Monaghan wasn't on the panel. Very good player bit of a waste considering the talent he had.

Fair play to Cratloe. Some achievement to do the double especially with so many of the same players. Should be the role model for every club in the country.

Hope Eire Og stay strong over the next few years. Football in the county needs Eire Og going well. They seem to come good every few years win a championship and go back to being mediocre again. They should be in the shake up every year especailly considering the resources available to them.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,087 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

Rightwing wrote: »
    Not a hope of that.

Is it the first time a double has been done in Clare?

Not saying a double is in the bag or anything like that :), just saying they would be considered to have a shot a title in either code? They went pretty close in the football after all last year. But even to win one with the same bunch of players would be a serious achievement with the demands on their bodies over the next few weeks.

Apparently Ennis Dalcassians did the double a long time ago, possibly early 1900s I think.

EDIT: Looks like 1890 according to Eire Og wiki page.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,646 ✭✭✭washman3

See that John Galvin started for Cratloe today. How did it go for him.?
    Legend on a man. Was one of the best midfielders in the country over the last decade or more. Robbed of an all-star because of media cronyism.
    Really hope Cratloe go on and win a Munster with him on board.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,101 ✭✭✭Rightwing

marco_polo wrote: »
    Not saying a double is in the bag or anything like that :), just saying they would be considered to have a shot a title in either code? They went pretty close in the football after all last year. But even to win one with the same bunch of players would be a serious achievement with the demands on their bodies over the next few weeks.

Apparently Ennis Dalcassians did the double a long time ago, possibly early 1900s I think.

EDIT: Looks like 1890 according to Eire Og wiki page.

6/1 for the hurling and 7/4 for the football. Surprised they are priced that short for the football, if the bookies are right, the double is very doable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,100 ✭✭✭Browney7

Rightwing wrote: »
    6/1 for the hurling and 7/4 for the football. Surprised they are priced that short for the football, if the bookies are right, the double is very doable.

With crokes gone in Kerry its realistically between them and the Cork champions. Remember, divisional teams can't compete so that rules a lot of Kerry teams out.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement