Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recording Demo for DJ agency. Help

Options
  • 21-11-2011 8:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭

So I'm sending my cv/mixtape into a couple of agencies but have never made a demo before.

Just wondering should I use the built-in record function in VDJ or use the likes of Audacity...etc?

Also looking for any tips/advice on making a demo. How long should it be?
    Should I make up a few voice overs to throw in, like happy bdays and the likes, as if i were doing a set?
    Should I make a couple different types because I cover different types of music. E.g. 1 chart mix, 1 oldies mix, 1 dance mix...etc

Thanks
    ;)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,791 ✭✭✭electrogrimey

Make it an hour long. No voiceovers, they make you seem like a twat. Make one mix of the style you want to play.

Also, what's a DJ agency? Make a mix and send it to club promoters, not a DJ agency...

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭i124Q

Make it an hour long. No voiceovers, they make you seem like a tw[SIZE="2"]a[/SIZE]t. Make one mix of the style you want to play.

Also, what's a DJ agency? Make a mix and send it to club promoters, not a DJ agency...
    Great thanks! Its stardjs.ie. Recommend it? ;)

Advertisement