Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Record stores

Options
  • 10-11-2011 3:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭

Does anyone know what the best stores for vinyls are? I'm looking for an old school independent record store in Dublin, but know that a lot of the old ones like Freebird have shut down? Looking for imports and trance.

Cheers!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,791 ✭✭✭electrogrimey

All City on Crow Street, don't think they have much in the way of trance though...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭ThirdMan

Freebird is still open, I was in there today. It's on Wicklow Street, just up from Tower Records (by the way, Tower has a decent selection of vinyl LP's)

Spin Dizzy is also worth a look. It's located in George's Street Arcade.

Edit: Just realised you're looking for trance. You won't find any of that in Tower, Freebird or Spin Dizzy.

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭Plankton1

Thanks for the advice anyway! Oh I thought Freebird was gone altogether, that's good news. I'll check out those places and if anyone else has recommendations I would be grateful :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭Ddisco

Spin Dizzy has a few racks of Progressive House , techno and some Trance. They also have a new arrival rack or two with second hand stuff they've just bought in. Its the only show in town at the moment!

Advertisement