Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

St.Patricks day and working part-time

Options
  • 11-02-2015 1:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Hi, I was put on a three day week last month, and I normally work on a Tuesday. The boss has said that as I won't be working on the Tuesday I have to make up the day another day that week. I don't think she is right but she is insisting that she is and that I have to prove otherwise- does anyone have a link to where I can find this in black and white to show her. Or actually is she right!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,637 ✭✭✭brightspark

http://www.workplacerelations.ie/en/What_You_Should_Know/Working_Hours_Leave_and_Public_Holidays/

If the business is closed on the public holiday and an employee would normally be due to work then they get their normal day's pay.

If the business is open and an employee works, he/she is entitled to either paid time off or an additional day's pay. The additional day's pay is what was paid for the normal daily hours last worked before the public holiday.

If an employee is not normally rostered to work, then they will be entitled to one-fifth of their normal weekly wage extra.

Advertisement