Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anno 2070

Options
13»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

maybe pick up tropico 3 or 4 first, see if you like this kind of city building game?
    3 should be cheap enough now, and it has a rocking latin soundtrack

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,132 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

So how is it? Kind of looking for a game like this in wait for SimCity 5. I think I played 14xx long time ago. Couldn't really grasp it back then but I'd like to give it another go if it's worth it.

Cheers.

It's a damn great game. Got hooked on it for a while, a few games took a backseat over Christmas while I played it. Best Anno game EVER imo.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,684 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

I came across this guys vids the other day and tbh they have made me want to play this game more than any review,also makes up for the lack of real tutorial [only watched part 1 so far]
    Looking forward to getting my teeth into anno 2070 very soon.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,002 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Well, received my retail copy today, and it CANNOT be activated on Steam :mad:

Edit: The angry face is for Steam/Ubisoft BTW, not you Sephiroth_dude :) I should have checked on the Steam forums.

ah **** sorry about that,I could have sworn it could be activated via steam,are you sending it back?
    So how is it? Kind of looking for a game like this in wait for SimCity 5. I think I played 14xx long time ago. Couldn't really grasp it back then but I'd like to give it another go if it's worth it.

Cheers.

I'm hooked on the game,I love working out trade routes,how much I need to keep my islander's happy,what I can sell off etc
    It's a damn great game. Got hooked on it for a while, a few games took a backseat over Christmas while I played it. Best Anno game EVER imo.

same here,it was all I played over christmas,I didn't touch skyrim over xmas :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭Sasquatch76

ah **** sorry about that,I could have sworn it could be activated via steam,are you sending it back?
    Nah, I'll keep it. I like having my games on Steam, but this is still fifty euro there!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,002 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Nah, I'll keep it. I like having my games on Steam, but this is still fifty euro there!

Jesus :eek: the thieves! what do you think of it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭IRL_Sinister

Dcully wrote: »
    I came across this guys vids the other day and tbh they have made me want to play this game more than any review,also makes up for the lack of real tutorial [only watched part 1 so far]
    Looking forward to getting my teeth into anno 2070 very soon.

Thank you, thank you!!

One last question: This can be DDL'd right? (Through what means?)

Jesus :eek: the thieves! what do you think of it?
    Steam prices irritate the hell out of me - they use a fixed exchange rate from years ago, hence us getting ripped off in Yoyoland!

And not installed it yet :pac: Finishing off a few gold medals on Defense Grid first, but should have gotten stuck in come Saturday morning.

Okay, trying to install it now, but it won't let me create an account because "Ubisoft services are currently unavailable". Will try again tomorrow.

Alright, so I've finally put a few hours into this game.

A few things:

1) OMG it's beautiful. I have the settings absolutely maxed; clicked on my Town Centre and pressed "F1". F*ck me I came.
    2) That guide DCully put up is fricking great. Thanks again.
    3) The mechanics are great - I love the idea around Ecological balance, power shortages and what-not. Really adds some spice and mixes the game up.
    4) It sure is hell ain't easy! Even when playing on the easiest difficulty this game is hard.
    5) The "on-the-fly" questing system is cool, too. I love getting the quest 'Find 5 Policemen in Rainbow City' and then frantically stopping EVERYTHING to find those 5 blue highlighted guys. Really fun mechanic!!
    6) The replayability of this game is pretty sick; I've already created 2 seperate save games.

Bad thing (maybe good?):

Because of difficulty it's actually quite hard to recover from mistakes - especially early on. If you develop too fast you're going to get raped and that kinda sucks! But I like that challenge

A side (something I couldn't care less about):

Achievements and goals add a fun dynamic to the game. People can work towards something either individually or co-operatively.

DID I MENTION?????????????????? MULTIPLAYER. YES PLEASE.

If anyone's interested in helping me out, checking out my city (townlol) or wants me to check theirs out add me: - IRL_SinisteR

• Advertisement

Ill add.you.later.what multiplayer like?

how did I settle underwater cities?or build underwater factories?

Haven't got that far myself in the game yet but I got a lot more underwater buildings in the second tech of the lab assistants.

Haven't got that far myself in the game yet but I got a lot more underwater buildings in the second tech of the lab assistants.

do you have to build labs then to get access?I'm on tier 3 now and still no option for the labs.

do you have to build labs then to get access?I'm on tier 3 now and still no option for the labs.

Yeah once you have labs and people working in them the game REALLY opens up. You'll get a nice visit from a certain Rufus Thorne ;)

Yeah once you have labs and people working in them the game REALLY opens up. You'll get a nice visit from a certain Rufus Thorne ;)

I only already rufus,we go wayyyyyy back ;)

You sure? =)
    But has he come to you offering to COMPLETELY change your tech from the Eden Initiative to the Global Trust Tech? Therefore, opening both tech trees and making you want to stab yourself in the eyes?

You sure? =)
    But has he come to you offering to COMPLETELY change your tech from the Eden Initiative to the Global Trust Tech? Therefore, opening both tech trees and making you want to stab yourself in the eyes?

oh no didn't get that far :O I just sell my excess **** to him :-P

Well finally built.my first underwater diamonds plant ;-) but now im in the red,-1212 credits,any tips on how to fix this?

Up your tax rate
    Switch any plants that aren't needed to idle
    Build some more houses
    Sell some spare inventory
    Upgrade some houses

Those are the things I have done to generate cash quick.

I have to say I only really started playing this correctly after watching the tutorial above and realised I was making fundamental mistakes and wasn't being efficient.

• Advertisement

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

I kept putting this off until my exams were over and I just had a quick peek on steam to see it's 33% off so figured.. best buy it now/soon

just wondering about the dlc's.. is it best to play the game campaign through one time without them and then buy whichever ones I think are best? are any of them not worth getting at all?. it seems a bit like tropico dlc where you can hummand haw over them for ages until you realise.. there's not really any point to having a larger guard barracks when you could just build two of them side by side...

there's so many of the damn "packages" or whatever they call them .. it'd add another 20 quid or so to my purchase to get them all... are they actually worth it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭danthefan

I kept putting this off until my exams were over and I just had a quick peek on steam to see it's 33% off so figured.. best buy it now/soon

just wondering about the dlc's.. is it best to play the game campaign through one time without them and then buy whichever ones I think are best? are any of them not worth getting at all?. it seems a bit like tropico dlc where you can hummand haw over them for ages until you realise.. there's not really any point to having a larger guard barracks when you could just build two of them side by side...

there's so many of the damn "packages" or whatever they call them .. it'd add another 20 quid or so to my purchase to get them all... are they actually worth it?

Old enough post I know but I've just got this game and would like to know the answer to these questions also?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13 Blue Bitch

anno 2070, It's a very addictive game.

anyone get into the beta for the expansion?

Expansion "Deep Ocean Expansion" is out this week

anyone else get the expansion?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,132 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Nope but I plan to at some point.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

Anyone still play this ? Recently got back into it and wanna have a mess in a multiplayer continuous game

• Advertisement
Advertisement