Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Shame on you Mary Harney

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,725 ✭✭✭charlemont

sure who else in the western world would put up with that woman....only us:mad::mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,072 ✭✭✭PeterIanStaker

Who would take the post in the event of a resignation/reshuffle? She has left such a mess.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,575 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

Maybe jack O'Connor when he sorts out the 2.5 mill that allegedly SIPTU got for upskilling:cool:

What upskilling was done??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭henryporter

She really knows how to attack the vulnerable - imagine we are now talking about spending twice the proposed cut on security for another clown without a mandate (HRH etc.) instead of on what can only be described as critical health issues such as the Ard Cuan centre, the Cystic Fybrosis centre and cervical cancer vaccination.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,934 ✭✭✭OhNoYouDidn't

Maybe jack O'Connor when he sorts out the 2.5 mill that allegedly SIPTU got for upskilling:cool:

This would be the same Jack O'Connor who is injuncting the HSE to find out exactly what they are talking about?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,417 ✭✭✭reprazant

Massive cuts have to be made to all government departments.

I would imagine she would prefer to cut some unnecessary workers but if they all threaten to go on strike anytime this is mentioned, where exactly is she meant to make these cuts?

No matter where she cuts, she looks bad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Koloman

Maybe that "hounded" senator Ivor could donate some of his expenses to make up the difference!mad.gif

This would be the same Jack O'Connor who is injuncting the HSE to find out exactly what they are talking about?

Yeah the same guy.

Someone needs to fess up on this one kinda rapido.

I would say someone somewhere was on a junket fest with MY TAXES

Hope we can find out who it was.:cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭BlaasForRafa

I recall this subject coming up on Frontline a few weeks ago and thinking that the parents that came had a tough time, bringing up one of these kids is a pretty full on full time gig and the respite care is about the only thing that makes life tolerable.

The ironic thing is that the HSE will save a bit of money on respite care but end up spending money on illnesses brought on by depression and stress in the parents.

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭mysons

I started this thread to high light the **** that the Minister for "I don't take the blame"and "It's not my problem" gets away with.
    ok she will not be voted in after the next election but think of what she has done and what she is doing and then ask yourself if the cnut is worth the money she gets after she's fcuked out.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭deadbloke

Can someone tell me exactly what it is that Mary Harney does? Anytime there's an issue she either spouts some crap about how it's the HSE's problem or some political doublespeak. I've been struggling to think of some redeemable characteristic of the woman. I suppose she's got nice hair...

deadbloke wrote: »
    Can someone tell me exactly what it is that Mary Harney does? Anytime there's an issue she either spouts some crap about how it's the HSE's problem or some political doublespeak. I've been struggling to think of some redeemable characteristic of the woman. I suppose she's got nice hair...

I suppose she's got nice hair...[/QUOTE]

nice my arse and it was payed by the tax payer

mysons wrote: »

nice my arse and it was payed by the tax payer

Exactly. The style she had with the FAS highlights was just smashing.

Can someone tell me exactly what it is that Mary Harney does?.

No problem.

She is trying to run the most disfunctional, unionised ,intransigent, entrenched and riddled with vested interests department in our state.

Basically trying to put the toothpaste back in the tube.

That's about it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,345 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

I think that after the next election we can save some time by copying and pasting this thread and simply swap the ministers name.

mysons wrote: »
    I suppose she's got nice hair...

nice my arse and it was payed by the tax payer[/QUOTE]
    No problem.

She is trying to run the most disfunctional, unionised ,intransigent, entrenched and riddled with vested interests department in our state.

That's about it.

So FF put an Indendpent Td into Health and thats it for the Hundreds of the country's most severely intellectually disabled children and the rest of thoese that this Goverment and the HSE don't give a SHíT about as long as they get what they want.

Let's not heap all the blame on Ms Harney.

Billions have been pumped into the Health services over the years and the return to the taxpayer has been poor, whilst those employed there enjoy pay and conditions far above the European norm.

What Ms. Harney is trying to do is ensure that the taxpayer gets a much better bang for their buck.

To do that she has to unravel years of throwing money at problems, years of vested and local interests inserting well upholstered snouts in the trough of plenty, conveniently filled by the hard pressed taxpayer year after year.

What is at issue here is that those well used to the rich diet from the taxpayers table are unhappy when their rations are curtailed and their menu choice goes from 'a la carte' to 'table d'hote'

Lets not heap all the blame on Ms Harney but decide, do I want a large chunk of MY wages to be used to provide a very good lifestyle for those involved in health care, with no regard for value or efficiencies?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 442 ✭✭murf313

Let's not heap all the blame on Ms Harney.

Billions have been pumped into the Health services over the years and the return to the taxpayer has been poor, whilst those employed there enjoy pay and conditions far above the European norm.

What Ms. Harney is trying to do is ensure that the taxpayer gets a much better bang for their buck.

To do that she has to unravel years of throwing money at problems, years of vested and local interests inserting well upholstered snouts in the trough of plenty, conveniently filled by the hard pressed taxpayer year after year.

What is at issue here is that those well used to the rich diet from the taxpayers table are unhappy when their rations are curtailed and their menu choice goes from 'a la carte' to 'table d'hote'

Lets not heap all the blame on Ms Harney but decide, do I want a large chunk of MY wages to be used to provide a very good lifestyle for those involved in health care, with no regard for value or efficiencies?
    bullcrap!!!!!

why does every single thread in this forum head straight in the direction of "its those evil public servants fault"?

this is a thread about mary harney and her inability to lead the HSE. It is not a public sector bashing thread!!!!!

murf313 wrote: »
    bullcrap!!!!!

why does every single thread in this forum head straight in the direction of "its those evil public servants fault"?

this is a thread about mary harney and her inability to lead the HSE. It is not a public sector bashing thread!!!!!

So, what in my post do you disagree with.?

Where have I said 'it's the public servants fault'

Can people not understand what context and history and what went on before,and how inefficient practices and organisation impact on current difficulties.

Some of us are not happy to pay OUR TAXES into a bottomless pit without regard for fiscal proberty and value for money..

Maybe you are, I certainly am not.

So, what in my post do you disagree with.?

Where have I said 'it's the public servants fault'

Can people not understand what context and history and what went on before,and how inefficient practices and organisation impact on current difficulties.

Some of us are not happy to pay OUR TAXES into a bottomless pit without regard for fiscal proberty and value for money..

Maybe you are, I certainly am not.
    you basically stated that the financial state of the HSE is the way it is because of the people who work in the service..........

did you not??

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭Damien1989

if this was any other country in the world, they're would be riots in the street over the actions and cut backs she has forced on innocent people that need these services most.

Only in this country do we bitch and moan about it but do nothing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

murf313 wrote: »
    you basically stated that the financial state of the HSE is the way it is because of the people who work in the service..........

did you not??

No I did not.

What I did say is that historic work practices, political interference,vested interests,and an intransigent attitude on behalf of certain parts of the workforce CONTRIBUTED to the situation we are in now.

I include Management ,politicians and unions in that.

My point was that to heap ALL the blame on MS. Harney as if there were no other players in the process was totally unfair.

No I did not.

What I did say is that historic work practices, political interference,vested interests,and an intransigent attitude on behalf of certain parts of the workforce CONTRIBUTED to the situation we are in now.

I include Management ,politicians and unions in that.

My point was that to heap ALL the blame on MS. Harney as if there were no other players in the process was totally unfair.
    i stand corrected......

Damien1989 wrote: »
    if this was any other country in the world, they're would be riots in the street over the actions and cut backs she has forced on innocent people that need these services most.

Only in this country do we bitch and moan about it but do nothing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Probably better if we don't riot. You're very right that we do nothing about it, we complain to whoever listens when we could just not vote for the underperforming or corrupt politicians. I'm sure the people of Dublin Mid West were blown away by Mary's, uh... no, still can't think of something good about her. Shame they have to share her with the rest of us.

Probably better if we don't riot. You're very right that we do nothing about it, we complain to whoever listens when we could just not vote for the underperforming or corrupt politicians. I'm sure the people of Dublin Mid West were blown away by Mary's, uh... no, still can't think of something good about her. Shame they have to share her with the rest of us.

Maybe ,instead of blaming Ms. Harney we might look at the other issues in the HSE.

Are you happy to funnel almost unlimited funds into an organisation without any regard for best practice,pay scales vs comparable economies,organisation,administration.

Are you happy you are getting value for your tax euro from the HSE?

I'm not.

Maybe ,instead of blaming Ms. Harney we might look at the other issues in the HSE.

Are you happy to funnel almost unlimited funds into an organisation without any regard for best practice,pay scales vs comparable economies,organisation,administration.

Are you happy you are getting value for your tax euro from the HSE?

I'm not.

Nope, not too happy about it either. Totally agree with you that we're throwing money into yet another state run black hole. The money goes in, facilities and services should come out, but instead it disappears to the vast expanse of the vacuum of junket space. But don't you think that Harney should grow a pair and stop passing the buck back to the HSE?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 932 ✭✭✭paddyland

Mary Harney was on the RTE news the other evening spouting about investigations into misappropriation of public money!

I am heartily sick of being treated like an ass by this wholly corrupt and discreditable government. My God, Mary Harney had her party and it's policies voted out of existence. Her public performance has been divisive far beyond any reasonably acceptable level, to the point where she has totally alienated a large percentage of the country. She operates in government as a maverick, pursuing her own agenda at complete odds with what would generally appear to be the will of the country. She has been personally labelled for 'misappropriation of public money,' which makes it sickening to hear her hypocritical statements about this HSE cash scandal.

We are being treated like complete asses, by Harney, by Cowen, by Fianna Fáil. These people have gone far beyond reasonable doubt, and are now subverting this state by their continued twisting of the democratic process to stay in power long after every mandate they ever had has been dishonoured. They have proven themselves not only unfit for government, but unfit to stand even in opposition. Their whole modus operandi is dishonest and deceitful, and they are far too discredited in a large percentage of the public's mind to be allowed stand for public representation ever again.

Nope, not too happy about it either. Totally agree with you that we're throwing money into yet another state run black hole. The money goes in, facilities and services should come out, but instead it disappears to the vast expanse of the vacuum of junket space. But don't you think that Harney should grow a pair and stop passing the buck back to the HSE?

I think that Harney should do whatever she has to to ensure that the taxpayer gets value for money.

If that means hanging a ballsack in her tights, that's ok.

The place is so convoluted and riddled with vested interests and historical agreements and relativities, that it's practically unworkable.

Does indeed need someone who is prepared to risk the wrath of the electorate, and take the unpopular decisions which would ensure that the funds reach those who really deserve them, rather than featherbedding the well paid denizens of that establishment, and whose highly articulate defenders can obfuscate and filibuster and argue legally for years and years and years and years.

Operation shock and awe required in my opinion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,186 ✭✭✭✭jmayo

It appears they upgraded rather than upskilled, mostly on transAtlantic flights and even a few to the far East/Australia. :rolleyes:
    reprazant wrote: »
    Massive cuts have to be made to all government departments.

I would imagine she would prefer to cut some unnecessary workers but if they all threaten to go on strike anytime this is mentioned, where exactly is she meant to make these cuts?

No matter where she cuts, she looks bad.

No bulls***.
    She could cut out some of the myriad of managers, often duplicating each others work, within the HSE and she would not get the stick or look bad.
    She could have helped properly set up the HSE in the first place where needless duplicated admin staff were not guaranteed their jobs.

instead she targets often frontline services because they are often contract staff so she doesn't have to take on the unions or other representative bodies.

She is useless and all her great waffle about statistics is actually hiding the fact our health system is in major crisis, where now the stats are all that matter as in case where doctors' referral letters were been left unopened so that the figures fitted what the HSE/dept wanted.
    No problem.

That's about it.

Boy you do like her don't you, former PD per chance ?

What exactly has she achieved ?
    Oh yeah the creation of private hospitals/nursing homes, some of which are near bankruptcy, used as tax write off mechanisms for developers and other business people.
    Then of course we have the creation of a beaurocratic mess that is the HSE together with the health quality authority quangoe. :rolleyes:

She is not running anything as is often evidenced by her standard stock answers in the Dail.

She abdicates all responsibility to the HSE who then blame systemic failures for every cock up.
    I think that Harney should do whatever she has to to ensure that the taxpayer gets value for money.

The best way she could give the taxpayers value for money is to resign her position, her Dail seat and p*** off and not take any of her pensions until she actually reaches the proper retirement age like the rest of us.

Oh and she could stop the trips to Las Vegas, Florida and NZ where she takes hubby and a whole slew of hangers on all at the expense of the taxpayer.
    If that means hanging a ballsack in her tights, that's ok.

Oh please less of the imagery :eek:
    The place is so convoluted and riddled with vested interests and historical agreements and relativities, that it's practically unworkable.

Does indeed need someone who is prepared to risk the wrath of the electorate, and take the unpopular decisions which would ensure that the funds reach those who really deserve them, rather than featherbedding the well paid denizens of that establishment, and whose highly articulate defenders can obfuscate and filibuster and argue legally for years and years and years and years.

Operation shock and awe required in my opinion.

Again what has she done to take these on vested interests ?
    The ones she has featherbedded are the ones who got to set up/run dodgy nursing homes as tax breaks and the ones who got to invest in new colocated hospitals.

Oh yeah she negotiated a new contract with consultants that appears to be just as good as the existing ones.

I am not allowed discuss …

• Advertisement
Advertisement