Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

holidays for foreign nationals/asylums seekers

• 28-06-2010 1:12am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 415 ✭✭

A guesthouse owner told me the other day that foreign people, who live in ireland, come to his guesthouse for their holidays, which the Irish government pays him for. Could this be true? He didn't say if they were asylum seekers or not.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,939 ✭✭✭20Cent

johnmck wrote: »
    A guesthouse owner told me the other day that foreign people, who live in ireland, come to his guesthouse for their holidays, which the Irish government pays him for. Could this be true? He didn't say if they were asylum seekers or not.

Doubt it.
    Does he serve swan?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 85,053 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Then you've gone and jumped the length of the channel, havent you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,409 ✭✭✭Butch Cassidy

Sounds like tabloid "Are the sylum seekers are making the taxpayer impotent?" fluffy stuff to me. The usual "he said/she said"....

"Oh sure I heard off of Jimmy the other night that the feckin fordiners are getting a Mercedes or BMW now to choose from with this new money they're getting. They're also getting free flat screen TVs as part of their "entertainment" benefit. Mad s**t altogether ain't it? Free cars, free houses, free TVs, free money for boozin, free holidays, free everything Jimmy says, he says they're getting a great aul time. They even get three times as much dole as we do just cause they're fordeign"

Ask your elected rep. anyway...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,200 ✭✭✭imme

Is this fairy story political?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Mena

Being foreign, though not an asylum seeker, could you let me know where this is? I'd love to avail of this hospitality this summer!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

I saw all these foreign people at landmarks taking pictures. WEIrD or wha?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

1. What has foreign people got to do with asylum seekers?
    2. No, they don't get free holidays.

I thought all these free cars, free houses, free holidays myths were dispelled.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,104 ✭✭✭✭djpbarry

rovert wrote: »
    I saw all these foreign people at landmarks taking pictures. WEIrD or wha?
    Word on the street is that many of said landmarks were built with taxpayers' money, purely to give foreigners something to photograph free of charge.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,072 ✭✭✭PeterIanStaker

is this an Oirish Daily Mail headline?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

A guesthouse owner told me ........

Did he now.

• Advertisement
  • Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

I think this thread has been as useful as it was ever likely to be.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement