Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Missed NCT

Options
  • 03-07-2015 7:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,927 ✭✭✭

Missed my NCT today, only time they could give me was 4am for earlier. Joke to be honest.

I didn't get up at 4am, set the alarm but slept through it :( rightly pissed off now.

Whats the charge does anyone know, is it 22.50 and 11.50 plus the 55 fee or is it just 55 and 11.50 for next test? See below

Cancellation : If you cancel a confirmed appointment with less than five working days notice or fail to show up for the test, a €22.00 surcharge will be applied when you next bring your car for testing. A charge of €11.50 will apply in the case of a missed re-test.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

When you next go it'll be €77 you have to cough up.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,927 ✭✭✭0ph0rce0

ken wrote: »
    When you next go it'll be €77 you have to cough up.

Bastids :pac:

0ph0rce0 wrote: »

Can not argue with you on that.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,404 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

If only they had the expiry date printed on the front of the NCT disc so you would have plenty of notice to book it 3 months before it was due.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Imagine the tester having to be at work for 4am and then the customer doesn't show.

I'm fairly sure the fee is "only" 22 and not 55.

• Advertisement

It's a surcharge so the 22 is added to the 55. Had to pay it myself 2 years ago cause I got the dates mixed up.
    https://www.ncts.ie/q9.html

The NCT fee for a full test is 55.00 Euro and a re-test costs 28.00 Euro (both fees are inclusive of VAT and maybe subject to change). Re-tests, which do not require the use of test equipment, will be free. Free re-tests cover minor items, for example, a visual inspection to check that faulty windscreen wipers have been replaced.

If you cancel a confirmed appointment with less than five working days notice (Mon. - Fri., not including the day you contact NCTS) or fail to show up for the test, a €22.00 surcharge will be applied when you next bring your car for testing. A similar surcharge of €11.50 will apply in the case of a re-test.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Right, so when you get car tested next time you pay 55 euro for the new test and 22 for the missed test.

They'll tell you at the desk €77 please and thank you. Only way out of it is to change the car into someone elses name and get them to do it.

If only they had the expiry date printed on the front of the NCT disc so you would have plenty of notice to book it 3 months before it was due.

Smart arse haha :P i booked a month ago, and my NCT ain't up until end of july.

biko wrote: »
    Imagine the tester having to be at work for 4am and then the customer doesn't show.

F**K Em, He's getting well paid

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,404 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Smart arse haha :P i booked a month ago, and my NCT ain't up until end of july.

Sorry couldn't help it :D.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 38,975 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Why? It's hardly their fault that you didn't show up for the agreed appointment.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Blue Neptune

Don't be upset, I miss loads of things too

• Registered Users Posts: 11,729 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

It's great the way they text you a reminder. It's just a pity that it's a week before hand, it rather get the text on the morning or the night before the test.

Advertisement