Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

12 Angry Men Bord Gais

Options
  • 22-03-2015 6:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9,711 ✭✭✭

Well, what's the verdict?:P

Some excellent character acting i thought from the jurors but not totally impressed with the lead players of Conti and Lancel.

Of course, it's very hard to leave the memory of the iconic film behind you when watching this play.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Well, what's the verdict?:P

Some excellent character acting i thought from the jurors but not totally impressed with the lead players of Conti and Lancel.

Of course, it's very hard to leave the memory of the iconic film behind you when watching this play.

12 Angry Men is my favourite play and I've seen it countless times, sometimes good sometimes bad. As far a production goes, it's like The Field in that it's hard for it not to get compared to the movie

The set was incredible. One of the best sets I've seen for the play.

I agree about the leads, particular Conti. He didn't convince me and felt like the weakest link. Some of the other performers were good.

Unfortunately though i felt that some of scenes missed the dynamic and impact that has been done better by other productions.

At times it also felt like they might have been playing for laughs.

Venue wise the acoustics were poor. I imagine people at the back would find it difficult at times to know who was speaking.

It was also disappointing to see so many empty seats. Tickets are pricey so I'm sure there is a better price point that would increase house sizes while maintaining the revenue required for the production.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,711 ✭✭✭Hrududu

I agree about Conti too. It felt like he was phoning it in and wasn't too bothered. I also thought the guy who played the last juror to hold out wasn't that great either. But still a great play.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,666 ✭✭✭Howjoe1

Hrududu wrote: »
    I agree about Conti too. It felt like he was phoning it in and wasn't too bothered. I also thought the guy who played the last juror to hold out wasn't that great either. But still a great play.

Cheers. Clearly not the best. Won't go this time around.

Advertisement