Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Terribly tone deaf busker / begger

• 28-05-2014 8:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11

I'm just looking for some advice on how to deal with a problem I've been having over the last few weeks with a tone deaf "busker" in Galway.

I live near the City centre, but my apartment is far enough away from the street so it is normally relatively quite.

That was until recently when this beggar woman and her dog decided that sitting on the footpath on a bridge near my apartment was an ideal place to play her awful music.

I'd probably still mind if the music was decent because I can't even watch tv with the sound of it, but the main problem is that she plays this random group of notes over and over for hours on end. Usually she starts around 6pm and plays until around midnight.

Have I any right to tell her to leave? Or if not what time is she allowed to play until so the gaurds could move her on?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,769 ✭✭✭nuac

Double glazing?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭Plek Trum

Contact Galway City Council and ask them for advice www.galwaycity.ie
    They've had a few policies in the past regarding buskers etc , what is and isnt permitted. They would be the ones to best advise you and, if necessary, politely ask her to move on .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 400 ✭✭truedoom

Ask the guards. Might be able to move her on.

Or go down and break the guitar over her head? :)

***FYI moderators, this is a Joke. I do not in any way condone buskers being bet over the head with their instruments, no matter how deserving.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 425 ✭✭shroom007

ask him how much he makes a street in a day and then give him double to move to another street. (Laural & Hardy Classic)

Advertisement