Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Did they dig out the Digger ???

Options
  • 04-11-2011 9:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,230 ✭✭✭

Anyone know if they managed to retrieve the excavator from the bog near Castleconnell last Sunday ?
    If you aren't aware of this, a digger sank into the bog around 10 years ago leaving just the excavating arm visible. Last sunday a couple of diggers were trying to dig it out (there was a charity element to this, people paid to guess how long it would take).
    Anyway I passed the site around 10am as they were starting and passed back again around 4pm and there was still a crowd around, so i presume it was still stuck.......anyone have an update ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,806 ✭✭✭D1stant

There is a song in that thread title somewhere

They do though dont they though?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭snowman707

mgbgt1978 wrote: »
    Anyone know if they managed to retrieve the excavator from the bog near Castleconnell last Sunday ?
    If you aren't aware of this, a digger sank into the bog around 10 years ago leaving just the excavating arm visible. Last sunday a couple of diggers were trying to dig it out (there was a charity element to this, people paid to guess how long it would take).
    Anyway I passed the site around 10am as they were starting and passed back again around 4pm and there was still a crowd around, so i presume it was still stuck.......anyone have an update ?

yes digger was raised ,

they started before 8.00am and it took 12 hours to get it up, and then get it about 150 yards for loading, approx €12k raised for charity,

a huge team effort was involved

not a bad day's work . ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,489 ✭✭✭sh1tstirrer

snowman707 wrote: »
    yes digger was raised ,

they started before 8.00am and it took 12 hours to get it up, and then get it about 150 yards for loading, approx €12k raised for charity,

a huge team effort was involved

not a bad day's work . ;)
    How did they raise the 12k?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,829 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

How did they raise the 12k?

They sold it for scrap I think!

Speaking of sunken things out that side!

Anyone ever see those two sunken huts outside Annacotty?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,571 ✭✭✭newmug

Ah what a pity! They should have restored it and had a raffle!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,489 ✭✭✭sh1tstirrer

Speaking of sunken things out that side!

Anyone ever see those two sunken huts outside Annacotty?
    There's no way you could get 12k to sell an excavator for scrap, they might have got 2-3k at best. Even at €200/tonne the machine would want to weigh 60 tonne :eek:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 151 ✭✭greenermetals

I would have liked to have seen that, any before and after pics?

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,062 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

I read some complaints about people stopping on the motorway hard shoulder to watch. Very dangerous.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,694 ✭✭✭thesimpsons

wasn't there something about having to pay a certain fee and you could guess how long it would take to pull it out of the bog ? still seems like alot raised at 12k though

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭thebull09

They got 3k for it for scrap. they also charged 5 euro per ticket to guess how long it would take to get it out, there was an ad on donedeal about ill have a look and see can i find it.

http://www.donedeal.ie/for-sale/plantmachinery/2668745

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 931 ✭✭✭Xennon

• Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭roast

That's what it was. I was wondering why the fúck there were people standing on the hard shoulder. Kids running up and down the road and all. :pac:

Advertisement