Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tax back on PPC fees

• 31-05-2014 11:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 945 ✭✭✭

Is it true that if I was to get a training contract would my firm get 50% of the fee back in tax? Surely they would give this sum back to me that they receive? I'll only be on the minimum wage during my time

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,554 ✭✭✭Pat Mustard

I wouldn't think so.

First, I'm no tax expert, but I think that people who do qualifying educational courses can avail of something like 20% tax back. I think that it may be something like that but I'm unsure of the specifics. Have a look at the Revenue website. Also, maybe try the taxation forum.

Secondly, (again, I could be wrong) but I think that the student may be the person who is entitled to claim the tax back.

Definitely try the guys in the taxation forum. Maybe they will say that where the firm pays the fees for PPC1 or whatever (if that is the position), that they can get a full tax write off.

Advertisement