Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

facebook competitions anything to be done about this??

• 29-05-2014 9:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭

Just wondering if anyone has any ideas on anything I could do here or do I just have to suck it up..just annoyed me the way I was spoken to arrogance boils my blood.

A bar i follow on facebook put up a competition saying the next person to post wins two tickets for a certain gig tonight.I was the next person to post,delighted because i like the band playing and couldnt afford tickets.

they gave me a number to ring and when i rang the barman asked if i drank in the pub to whic i said not regularly but have had a pint in it,
    he then told me he would rather give them to someone who drank there regularly ..i told him my friend who was going in to collect the tickets did(thinking it was the other pub of the same name and owner) and he reluctantly said ok..

when my friend rang him from the wrong pub he said he was giving them to someone else because of this..I rang him and told him id come in to get them and he told me he gave them away to someone else..i said but i won the competition and he told me yeah but your not a regular drinker here..which I replied you never said anything about being a regular drinker in the competition..and he said look it was an informal thing I had two tickets I couldn't go to the gig I replied you shouldnt put informal things on the pubs facebook page..he then said yeah whatever mate goodbye now and hung up.

Comments

• Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 4,338 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tom Young

What is it that you would like to see done? In a legal sense mind.

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,144 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

Not much you can do. You can post on their page, but it's likely they'll just delete it.

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭micko4

Tom Young wrote: »
    What is it that you would like to see done? In a legal sense mind.

An apology would of done me,or tickets for something else or something,I dunno to be honest that's why I asked if anything could be done.....you can't be showing on your facebook page your giving out tickets to people then not following through.

mainly just cause the arrogant attitude they gave me hanging up on me annoyed me big time I could of killed someone after gettin off the phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭micko4

MarkR wrote: »
    Not much you can do. You can post on their page, but it's likely they'll just delete it.

Yeah I posted on their page not that it will do any good,few other people on it saying the staff are *******

Advertisement