Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Japanese Film Festival

Options
  • 11-11-2011 12:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭

As the thread title says, there is a Japanese Film Festival on in Limerick next week.

It is on in UL on Monday and Tuesday and in the Belltable next Saturday.

Unfortunately Limerick is only getting 5 films, whereas Cork, Dublin and Galway are getting the same 5 plus a number of others (two of which I really want to see so methinks a trip to Galway will be on the cards to catch a film or two as well).

Don't know if anyone else on here is a fan of East Asian cinema ( I'm a long time fan of Korean and Japanese cinema, with a pinch of Chinese cinema thrown in in recent years.)

Here are a few links with film info, film times and which films are on at what location.

http://www.accesscinema.ie/news/japanese-film-festival-programme-announced.html

http://www.accesscinema.ie/assets/files/downloads/JFF%20Brochure%202011.pdf

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

Very excite!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭geotrig

Thank for the heads up OP:), I'm a huge fan of Jap cinema , Hope this is a success and is done more often

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,864 ✭✭✭langdang

Thanks for the heads up!
    My first experience of East Asian cinema was Old Boy in the Kino in Cork.
    When it ended it we filed out and not a word was spoken until we had a drink in our hands. Great film but mad stuff altogether!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,858 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

You should let the nice people of the Nihongo (Japanese) forum know about this. I know the two mods there would love to catch some of the films in the Dublin event, but they'd be able to spread the word elsewhere too.

Advertisement