Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dublin bus Pulling service @ 4pm?

• 06-01-2010 3:58pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 234 ✭✭shanemort

Rumor out there that buses are getting pulled @ 4pm?

any one here any truth to it?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Max Power1

source? DB site not updated recently

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 234 ✭✭shanemort

no source, heard from 2 people, and on a few peoples twitter pages, just listening now to news no mention of it, i dont think its true as that would be too evil, tens of thousands of people stuck to walk home!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭Lux23

I can't get on to the Dublin Bus website, I do not have the money to get a Cab home and walking home may be really dangerous.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,015 ✭✭✭CreepingDeath

shanemort wrote: »
    Rumor out there that buses are getting pulled @ 4pm?

any one here any truth to it?

I'd be shocked if they left the passengers who went to work stranded.
    The DB website now says "Service Unavailable", referring to their website not the buses I hope !

I'm sure they'll service the major routes and just avoid the badly affected estates as they have been.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Max Power1

well as we speak, the website is now down completely!

Probably curtail the timetables rather than stop altogether - uless it gets worse that is

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭awkwardboy

Says it all really ....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,396 ✭✭✭Dartz

Thought the service was already curtailed.

Took 45 minutes to get a 39, starting from 10:30am

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭Lux23

Its probably down because so many people are trying to get on to it. I reallly am sick of this weather, how do people who have snow for months cope with this weather?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,862 ✭✭✭✭inforfun

I already face a longer walk than is good for me because DB shortened the route for my bus already. If they cancel buses at 4 altogether it will mean i have a 10 km walk to make.
    I can live with routes changing or delays in these conditions but cancelling all service is unacceptable and just plain ridiculous. It is only a bit of snow on the roads ffs.

You could always find your local bus garage/depots phone number and ring them up to check the status.

I know Conyngham Road Garage serving West Dublin is 01 7032172

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Lux23 wrote: »
    Its probably down because so many people are trying to get on to it. I reallly am sick of this weather, how do people who have snow for months cope with this weather?

They're actually prepared for it, with winter tyres, proper road treatment from local authorities etc. Unlike this country.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,710 ✭✭✭RoadKillTs

Doubt it tbh. Its stopped snowing now :(
    The AA Roadwatch site is down aswell. Cant handle the traffic :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 217 ✭✭Alcatel

Of course the 4pm rumour could be a clever ruse to get people to clear out of work early, so the busses won't be packed at the normal rush hour.

Why didn't I think of that...?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,712 ✭✭✭neil_hosey

oh them places? they have responsible governments who 'plan ahead'

Aha, I got it! Though I see it hasn't been updated since 1245, when it started snowing heavily...

Disruptions to bus services due to extreme weather conditions, please see below for further details.
    Wednesday 6th January 2010
    Dublin Bus are operating a full service on Wednesday 6th January. However there are a number of areas where conditions are still poor and curtailments are in place, these are listed below. Please check back here regularly for further updates or phone our customer service line from 07:00hrs to 18:00hrs on 8734222.
    Dublin Bus apologises for any inconvenience caused.
    Last Updated 12:45

Curtailments currently in place;

3 - terminating at Viscount Pub, Swords Road
    7 - from City Centre to Cherrywood only

11/a/b - not serving Wadelai, terminating at DCU
    13 - not serving Sillogue and Ikea
    13a - not serving Shangan, Coultry and Ikea

19 - not serving Tolka Estate
    20b - not serving terminus at Maryfield
    27b - not serving Castletimon

37 - not serving Blackhorse Avenue
    38/a - not serving Ballycoolin Industrial Estate using Ballycoolin Road

40d - not serving Ballycoolin Industrial Estate using Ballycoolin Road
    and not serving Blanchardstown Corporate Business Park, terminating at shops on main road at Tyrellstown Estate.

42b - up the Malahide Road turning right onto Tonglegee Road then right onto Springdale Road and back to normal route.

44b - to Blue Church in Kilternan only

50- not serving Killinarden Heights

51 - starting from Molloys in Clondalkin Village

51b/c - not serving Dutch Village/Woodford using Monastery Road

54a- via Wainsfort Road not serving Fortfield Road. Going up Blessington Road, not serving Kiltipper and terminating at The Square Tallaght
    56/a - not serving Ballymount and Kingswood

65 - to Blessington Roundabout not serving or Ballymore Eustace

65b- not serving Killinarden Heights

66a - not serving Captains Hill

69 - not serving St. Johns Wood Estate
    79/a - not serving Spiddal Park and Parkwest, terminating at Cherry Orchard Hospital
    102 - not serving Forest Road

120 - using Fassaugh Avenue to 121 terminus

122 - using Quarry Road and terminating at Halfway House pub, Navan Road
    123 - via Philipsburgh Avenue

140 - not serving Ikea, turning at Jamestown Roundabout

145- not serving Kilarney Lane, Herbert Road and Kilbride Lane. (Operating Up & Down Kilarney Road)

150 - not serving Millgate Drive
    151 - not serving Adamstown, at Griffeen turning right and going to Superquinn Lucan
    185 - from Bray to Enniskerry not serving Shop River
    220 - not serving Ballycoolin Industrial Estate using Ballycoolin Road

238 - using Ballycoolin Road

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,342 ✭✭✭markpb

Countries who get persistent heavy snow every year find it cost effective to buy heavy duty equipment to deal with it. We rarely get snow like this so it's questionable whether it's worth spending huge amounts of money on equipment that would rarely be used.

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭Whippersnapper

Better not be true. I cannot get stranded in work.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 169 ✭✭DonnieBrasco

just got a phone call to say that dublin buses from city center are not running at the moment...

it seems every goon in the city is trying to leave at once. creating crazy traffic.
    sit tight... the sun is coming !!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 timmyotoole

heard on the radio , all bus drivers told to stop until roads been gritted ?

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭brumindub

just went to get the 130 into town and the driver says there's a pile up in north strand so no 130 service into town currently.

• Advertisement

Just been told by a reliable source that all buses are grounded and may not be back today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

What's your reliable source?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭actuallylike

My mate just got kicked off, bus driver said no buses until roads have been salted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭Le King

A talking peanut
    :D

A bus driver!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

A bus driver!

Haha, sorry wasn't doubting you, just getting onto the MIL in work in Glasnevin and telling her about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 200 ✭✭vandermeyde

Buses have been told to pull into the side of the road until the gritters have been out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 468 ✭✭snowy2008

ive to go southbound on the m50 tonight, do u think it will be nuts? havent had to go that route before? the skys looking fine again so it mightnt snow for a while

Mrs. Doyle told me that they've taken the roads in !

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 10 mmaguire

Saw a message suggesting special equipment and costs may mean that snow clearing equipment may not be available. I would point out that any JCB is capable of clearing snow - and any tipper truck with guys, shovels (and grit) were able to do this job for years.... and the builders have plenty of spare equipment at this time...

In Scotland, these facilities are requested by County councils when required to add to their own equipment and personnel.

MM

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

my mother rang me from the five lamps to tell me buses were stopping there and letting people off and going no further

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭arse..biscuits

All buses told to pull over untill roads gritted, DCC say they are not gritting untill tomorrow

So can we use the bus lanes?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 roxykid07

All buses told to pull over untill roads gritted, DCC say they are not gritting untill tomorrow

Well theres how many people tryin to get home from now on??
    The buses are right to pull in though, should have done it before now.
    And there was plenty of warning for this. Such a joke.
    Im out in the southside near the m50, 4cm deep here in the garden.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,396 ✭✭✭Dartz

The words... aww **** come to mind

I've to get from DCU to Clonsilla.

With no taxifare on me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 759 ✭✭✭T-Square

inforfun wrote: »
    I already face a longer walk than is good for me because DB shortened the route for my bus already. If they cancel buses at 4 altogether it will mean i have a 10 km walk to make.
    I can live with routes changing or delays in these conditions but cancelling all service is unacceptable and just plain ridiculous. It is only a bit of snow on the roads ffs.

Have you tried driving on that bit of snow?

If you had, you'd know it is a complete bastid to drive on,
    especially with a heavy rear wheel drive vehicle.

Jog on.

my mother rang me from the five lamps to tell me buses were stopping there and letting people off and going no further

That's cos they can't get over the 13 degree incline over the humped back bridge at 5lamps/northstrand.

This isn't Doctor Bleady Who, anti gravity wheel clamps don't exist!

So can we use the bus lanes?

Why would you want to? they are the least traveled section of road and treacherous. I saw a taxi driver fish-tailing this evening, while everyone else could keep it in the one lane.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 636 ✭✭✭cute_cow

from Dublin Bus Website

Dublin Bus wishes to advise customers that due to the recent heavy snowfall there is serious disruption to most services. There are dangerous driving conditions on all main city arteries and we are waiting for roads to be made safe before resuming services. We will have more up to date information available here as soon as possible.

Due to high volumes of traffic to dublinbus.ie we have been experiencing problems with the site for which we would like to apologise and are making every effort to rectify.

Last Updated 6th Jan 2010 - 15:00

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,660 ✭✭✭G86

All Dublin bus are cancelled til tomorrow morning and they've been told to abandon the buses on the road as the roads are that bad.

I'm just annoyed I can't get to the fecking gym now, meh!!:mad:

G86 wrote: »
    All Dublin bus are cancelled til tomorrow morning and they've been told to abandon the buses on the road as the roads are that bad.

I'm just annoyed I can't get to the fecking gym now, meh!!:mad:
    Isn't it really easy to open a bus? Just pull up that flap and press the button?

A bus robbing epidemic to follow ;) Though I dunno how you'd hide it...

(Not being serious, of course. Don't rob a bus.)

Now is the problem of how to get home.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭arse..biscuits

I was out on Bridgefoot street earlier, mayhem cars spinning out of control all over the place, I'd advise against driving if at all possible

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,342 ✭✭✭markpb

Dartz wrote: »
    The words... aww **** come to mind

I've to get from DCU to Clonsilla.

With no taxifare on me.

Walk from DCU to Drumcondra station and get a suburban train home. The walk should take about 40 minutes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭Power-surge

I hope the buses stop running out to Tallaght tomorrow. That way my college exams would have to be cancelled :D

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭Dunder Mifflin

Please don't let the trains be cancelled as well

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 275 ✭✭Griffin87

yea if the trains are cancelled im not getting home from town later

• Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭Power-surge

Please don't let the trains be cancelled as well
    The trains are ok as far as I know!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

the luas is only running as far as abbey street

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement