Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Would you date someone with a kid?

2»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,671 ✭✭✭BraziliaNZ

no way, don't like kids, especially some other bloke's kid. Maybe if I was older though it would be different.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,015 ✭✭✭CreepingDeath

I always liked Billy Connollys quote...

"Kids are like farts, you don't mind your own but can't stand anyone elses".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,689 ✭✭✭✭OutlawPete

stovelid wrote: »
    Where's the option for pretending to like the kid until you get into her pants?

;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,844 ✭✭✭RobbieTheRobber

wolfpawnat wrote: »
    I am actually quite surpirsed so many people are open minded. From what I saw around home, not many fellas would, then again their mammys would think I would be after the family farm with a bit of road frontage!

Its different on after hours everyone knows this is the a dublin forum and we have no farms for you to rob :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 539 ✭✭✭piby

Well I'm 22 now so in all honestly no I like my damn freedom too much!! But if I was a couple of years older and I really liked the girl than I don't think it would be a problem.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,677 ✭✭✭staker

Some guys jump at the chance of a ready made family.
    They probably have their own reasons, as well as fancying the lass!!
    I'd not be bothered, just as long as they weren't little brats...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,706 ✭✭✭Voodu Child

I have done and her child wasnt an issue. I think you'd miss out on a lot in life if you made hard and fast rules about who you will/won't date.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 639 ✭✭✭Shivers26

I have 2 kids. I am just out of a 5 year relationship. Im sure you can imagine the whole dating game is a barrel of fun for me!

I had 1 child when I got involved in that relationship and it was never a problem for him. We ended up having a child together, he cheated on me (very recently) and fecked off.

In answer to the question, yes, I would consider dating someone who had a child.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,084 ✭✭✭oppenheimer1

My girlfriend has a son. She was very upfront about it and it didn't put me off at all.

I'm currently setting him up for lifetime of supporting Shamrock Rovers.

He's already wearing the jersey :)

why would you be so cruel?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭ryoishin

Im seeing a girl with a kid. Have nt met him yet might be later on, so if anyone has any tips!

But cant see the kid being a problem but the daddy might.

ryoishin wrote: »
    Im seeing a girl with a kid. Have nt met him yet might be later on, so if anyone has any tips!

Depends on the age of the kid tbh. They all like a bit of attention. If the child is old enough to conduct a conversation then just ask questions about what they like etc, if its a younger child sit on the floor and play with them. It will be ok. Dont worry if the behaviour is not the best, I find little kids tend to play up a bit when they have an audience. S/he will settle down once they get used to you.

Dont worry about the daddy, you the the childs mum deal with him.

Good luck!

ryoishin wrote: »

tip - gtf out of there

Shivers26 wrote: »
    In answer to the question, yes, I would consider dating someone who had a child.

well beggers can't be choosers!

BraziliaNZ wrote: »
    well beggers can't be choosers!

Nice, real nice

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭straricco

I think it depends on what age you are. If your under maybe 26 (ish) well having a kid around prob wouldn't be on the agenda & prob would cramp your style! I'm 31 myself & have a 6 year old. I never would have introduced her to men I was seeing before until last year. Depends on the man, my bf would never have been around kids before meeting mine, she hated him at first, but now they get on great and he genuinely likes being around her. I can get a babysitter anytime, just need a bit of notice, so it doesn't affect our relationship at all. Each to their own, I wouldn't like someone to be around my child if they felt she was in the way, children are human too and deserved to be loved.

In saying all that, it may be different if the father was still on the scene, having to deal with him too. My childs father died a few years ago so that makes situation easier in ways!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 286 ✭✭mr biazzi

M.I.L.F.
    If you like theperson i dont think it would be such an issue.

Sorry to here that straricco.

• Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭dylano_k

Here's one for ya...

Would you go out with an ex that has a kid for someone ??

My current predicament

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 351 ✭✭jenga-jen

It wouldn't be a deal breaker for me tbh if he had kid(s).

It would however be something I'd have to consider since their kid(s) are going to be a huge part of their life and, hopefully, their priority! :) And given that I'm not in a similar position, I'd have to be really sure I liked the person before I got into what can be, in certain setups, a complicated situation.

Also, having seen it with friends I'd be very wary of getting to know their kid(s) too early on as I'd be wary of mutual upset if it all ended.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

Honestly, I wouldn't do it.
    I don't ever want children of my own, so I have no desire to be a part of raising someone elses child either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

Been there, done that. They were great kids - fun to be around and a bonus to the relationship, not an issue.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭dylano_k

Listen, you don't want
    no baby-daddy drama.

Trust me on this one,
    all right?

For all you know,
    he in prison right now.

Let's say y'all
    living together.

Next thing you know,
    you the one going on the
    1st and the 15th...to pick up the
    government check.

What if he got boys
    that's on the outside...and they stalking you?

You see what I'm saying?
    You got to think, partner...

40 year old virgin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,347 ✭✭✭Closed ac

I'm dating a kid with someone? Does that count?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 734 ✭✭✭DundalkDuffman

straricco wrote: »
    I think it depends on what age you are. If your under maybe 26 (ish) well having a kid around prob wouldn't be on the agenda & prob would cramp your style! I'm 31 myself & have a 6 year old. I never would have introduced her to men I was seeing before until last year.

Was going to say exactly the same thing re age. I wouldn't have thought much about it til I was back on the dating scene. I am 35 now and given that its late 20somethings/30somethings that I am in the market for then I can't really be expecting singles ie no children in that age category. People have lived their lives and obviously a by product is children. Personally I wouldn't be bothered if there were children on the scene already, a lot of my group of lads have settled with ladies that had children already and it has worked out well, probably very much down to the individual.

Advertisement