Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Am I the only person notices this???? CHARITY COLLECTORS

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 321 ✭✭CPT. SURF

nordiestar wrote: »
    I'm addicted to Xbox, aldis frankfurter beer, havin the odd puff of the rare stuff, women and my iPhone (been told I'm. Workaholic too!)

I haven't seen a penny from these feckers yet hah

That's cause your addictions are freakin sweet dude!
    :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,770 ✭✭✭Jen Pigs Fly

I did collecting over the christmas for PAWS, I had to go up and down traffic on O'Connells bridge trying to sell animal sticker thingies.

it was horrible, I almost got run over a few times, ripped the ligaments in one of my knee and got harrased by Romanians claiming that we were taking 'their money'.

Was rediculous, and it was only commission work. Got paid pittance for what we had to go through!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,823 ✭✭✭Horsefumbler

Was rediculous, and it was only commission work. Got paid pittance for what we had to go through!
    then why did you do it you f*cking loser? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,689 ✭✭✭✭OutlawPete

Take a guess.

Hint: You pay bills with it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,583 ✭✭✭✭TheZohanS

Smiley face or no smiley face, cop on to yourself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭nordiestar

Bit harsh man, I mean the lady wasn't glorifying it????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 122 ✭✭T "real deal" J

I used to shield my eyes with my hand so as to not make eye contact with them, but in retro-spect this was rude and derogatory to them, and unessessary.

Now I just say "No thanks" and move on. I don't believe ignoring their existence on the street is the optimal thing to do for society as a whole.

I would be interested to hear how people deal with these charity collectors. Are there innovative ways to communicate that they are a real nuisance without being offensive or egotistical?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement